I Want to Apply

The below application periods pertain only to the university application. Individual program application deadlines vary.


Application Period

Application Fee

Fall 2021 October 1st - June 30th online at Cal State Apply $70
Spring 2022 August 1st - October 31st online at Cal State Apply $70

Two-Step ProcessCal State Apply

To be admitted to a graduate program, individuals must first apply to the University as a graduate student, then apply to the graduate program of their choice. There is a non-refundable application fee.

Cal State Apply - Graduate Application Guide


  1. Apply to the University as a Graduate Student

    • A 2.5 GPA in the last 60 units of coursework is required for admission to the Graduate School. Please note that individual program requirements may be more stringent.

    • A Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited university is required for admission. While it is common for students to apply before a bachelor's degree has been posted on his/her transcript, a final transcript indicating date of degree completion is required prior to the 20th day of instruction.

    • If you are an international student, please visit the Office of International Education.

    • In order to process your application, submit one official transcript from EACH institution you have attended or are attending, including those from community colleges attended. **Stan State Alumni, who have not attended elsewhere since graduation, do not need to submit new transcripts. Send official transcripts to:

      Stanislaus State
      Graduate School
      One University Circle
      Turlock, CA 95382

  2. Apply to a Graduate Program

    • Each graduate program has unique requirements and application process. For more information, including program application questions contact the program directly.

    • The graduate program you applied to will notify you of your acceptance. Admission to the University is contingent upon receiving admission to the program.

International Student Credential Evaluation

All students with coursework from countries other than the United States need to provide a report of course work and degree equivalency to U.S. standards – through a credential evaluation.

Foreign transcripts must be evaluated by one of the approved organizations listed here. These organizations are private enterprises that have been approved by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing and they charge a fee for their services. In all instances, original, official documentation will be required when requesting an evaluation.