Call for Participation
Fall 2021 Faculty Learning Community:
Teaching Writing Across the Curriculum
Do you wish you had strategies to turn to when responding to and grading student writing? Are you teaching a WP course and want to develop or strengthen your ability to incorporate writing into your course (in any discipline)? Do you want to incorporate peer review into your courses but haven’t been happy with how that’s turned out? Join this FLC!
Within this FLC, you’ll explore best practices in designing writing assignments, incorporating drafting and peer review, responding to student writing, and assessing student writing. We will also highlight current scholarship related to antiracist writing pedagogy.
As a participant of this FLC, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Create or revise a writing assignment sequence (drafting, feedback, and grading)
- Learn about specific strategies for responding to student writing
- Explore ways to incorporate peer review within writing assignments
- Consider writing pedagogy as it relates to topics such as teaching for transfer across courses within your programs and approaches to antiracist writing pedagogy
Participants in the Faculty Learning Community should be willing to commit to:
- Attend at least 80% of the virtual scheduled FLC activities and meetings (synchronous weekly/bi-weekly)
- Present at the culminating showcase event in late fall
- Active work, sharing of progress, and mutual support and accountability
Application — Meeting times will be decided based on when most participants can meet.
Please apply by September 15, 2021 for full consideration.
- There are 10-12 spaces in the FLC
- All Stan State faculty of any rank in any discipline, including lecturers can apply as long as they are contracted to teach at Stan State during Fall 2021
- Must agree to attend meetings and participate in the scheduled FLC activities.
Faculty Compensation: At the end of the FLC, faculty who participate in 80% of the sessions and meet the goals will receive $500 as a stipend or professional development funds.
Updated: March 07, 2023