Native: Southern China and Japan.
- Shape: Conical
- Foliage: Evergreen, Lanceolate to Linear, Medium Green, No Change
- Height: 40 - 50 feet.
- Width: 20 feet.
- Flowers: Inconspicuous. Yellow. Flowers in Spring.
- Fruit/Cone: Purple Cone, Small (0.25 - 0.50 inches), fruiting in Fall Edible.
- Bark: Dark Gray or Light Gray, Exfoliating or Furrowed.
- Shading Capacity: Dense in Leaf.
- Litter Issue: Dry Fruit.
Tree Site Conditions & Constraints
- Zones: Sunset 4 - 9 and 12 – 24, USDA Hardiness 7 - 10.
- Exposure: Partial Shade.
Pests & Disease Information
- Susceptible: Mites and Scales, Sooty Mold.
Health, Safety & Environmental Concerns
- Branch Strength: Medium.
- Root Damage Potential: Low.
- Health Hazard: None Known
- Biogenic Emissions: Low.
SelecTree. "Podocarpus macrophyllus Tree Record." 1995-2018. Mar 20, 2018.
< https://selectree.calpoly.edu/tree-detail/podocarpus-macrophyllus >