Native: Eastern North America.
- Shape: Oval or Rounded
- Foliage: Deciduous, Palmate, Light Green, Red, Gold, Orange or Multicolored
- Height: 40 - 100 feet.
- Width: 50 feet.
- Flowers: Inconspicuous. Green or Yellow. Flowers in Spring.
- Fruit/Seed: Beige or Brown Winged Seed, Large (1.50 - 3.00 inches), fruiting in Summer.
- Bark: Light Gray or Red Brown, Exfoliating.
- Shading Capacity: Moderate in Leaf, Moderate out of Leaf.
- Litter Issue: Dry Fruit, Twigs and Bark.
Tree Site Conditions & Constraints
- Zones: Sunset 1 - 9, 12, and 14 – 24, USDA Hardiness 4 - 9.
- Exposure: Full Sun to Partial Shade.
Pests & Disease Information
- Susceptible: Aphids, Beetle Borers and Scales, Oak Root Rot, Root Rot, Sooty Mold and Verticillium Wilt.
Health, Safety & Environmental Concerns
- Branch Strength: Weak to Medium Weak
- Root Damage Potential: High.
- Health Hazard: Allergy
- Biogenic Emissions: Moderate.
SelecTree. "Acer saccharinum Tree Record." 1995-2018. Mar 20, 2018.
< https://selectree.calpoly.edu/tree-detail/acer-saccharinum >