- Shape: Oval, Rounded, Umbrella or Vase
- Foilage: Evergreen, Lanceolate to Elliptic and Hollylike, Glossy Medium to Dark Green
- Height: 30 - 70 feet.
- Width: 40 - 80 feet.
- Flowers: Inconspicuous. Flowers in Spring.
- Fruit: Brown Acorn, Medium (0.50 - 1.50 inches), fruiting in Fall or Winter.
- Bark: Dark Brown, Furrowed, Ridged or Scaly.
- Shading Capacity: Dense in Leaf.
- Litter Issue: Dry Fruit.
Tree Site Conditions & Constraints
- Zones: Sunset 7 - 9, 14 - 16 and 18 – 21, USDA Hardiness 8 - 10.
- Exposure: Full Sun to Partial Shade.
Pests & Disease Information
- Susceptible: Caterpillars, Coddling Moths, Insect Galls and White Fly, Crown Rot, Mistletoe, Powdery Mildew and Root Rot.
Health, Safety & Environmental Concerns
- Branch Strength: Strong.
- Root Damage Potential: Moderate.
- Health Hazard: Allergy and Poisonous
- Biogenic Emissions: High
- Attracts: Birds and Squirrels
SelecTree. "Quercus wislizeni Tree Record." 1995-2018. Mar 1, 2018.
< https://selectree.calpoly.edu/tree-detail/quercus-wislizeni >