Native: Subspecies of Diospyros kaki (native to China)
- Oval, Rounded or Umbrella Shape.
- Foliage: Deciduous, Elliptic, Medium to Dark Green, Red, Gold, Orange or Multicolored
- Height: 20 - 35 feet.
- Width: 15 - 25 feet.
- Flowers: Inconspicuous. White. Flowers in Spring or Summer
- Fruit: Prolific, Orange Berry, Large (1.50 - 3.00 inches), fruiting in Fall Edible.
- Bark: Dark Brown, Blocky.
- Shading Capacity: Moderately Dense in Leaf, Moderate out of Leaf.
- Litter Issue: Leaves.
Tree Site Conditions & Constraints
- Zones: Sunset 6 - 9, 14 - 16 and 18 – 24, USDA Hardiness 7
- Exposure: Full Sun.
Pests & Disease Information
- Resistant: Oak Root Fungus
- Susceptible: Brown Rot, Chlorosis, Crown Rot, Root Rot and Verticillium.
Health, Safety & Environmental Concerns
- Branch Strength: Strong.
- Root Damage Potential: Low.
- Health Hazard: None Known
- Attracts: Birds
SelecTree. "Diospyros kaki Tree Record." 1995-2018. Feb 28, 2018.
< https://selectree.calpoly.edu/tree-detail/diospyros-kaki >
SelecTree. "Diospyros kaki 'Fuyu' Tree Record." 1995-2018. Feb 28, 2018.
< https://selectree.calpoly.edu/tree-detail/diospyros-kaki-fuyu >