Native: China and Japan
- Shape: Conical or Oval
- Foliage: Deciduous, Ovate, Light Green, Red, Gold, Orange, Purple or Multicolored
- Height: 30 - 40 feet.
- Width: 25 - 30 feet.
- Flowers: Yellow. Flowers in Spring.
- Fruit: Gray or White Capsule, Small (0.25 - 0.50 inches), fruiting in Fall.
- Bark: Light Green or Red Brown, Furrowed, Ridged or Smooth.
- Shading Capacity: Moderately Dense in Leaf, Moderate out of Leaf.
- Litter Issue: Flowers and Dry Fruit.
Tree Site Conditions & Constraints
- Zones: Sunset 8, 9, 12 - 16 and 18 - 21; H1, USDA Hardiness 8 - 10.
- Exposure: Full Sun to Partial Shade.
Pests & Disease Information
- Resistant: Oak Root Fungus.
Health, Safety & Environmental Concerns
- Branch Strength: Medium.
- Root Damage Potential: Moderate.
- Health Hazard: Allergy and Poisonous
- Attracts: Birds
SelecTree. "Triadica sebifera Tree Record." 1995-2018. Feb 26, 2018.
< https://selectree.calpoly.edu/tree-detail/triadica-sebifera >