Academic Student Employees
Academic Student Employees are Teaching Associates, Graduate Assistants and Instructional Student Assistants that are hired by campus departments or hiring units to perform a variety of academic related duties. Academic Student Employees are part of Collective Bargaining Unit 11, which is represented by the California Alliance for Academic Student Employees/International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace and Agricultural Implement Workers of America (UAW).
Faculty members and supervisors are encouraged to consult with Dennis Shimek, Vice President for Faculty Affairs & Human Resources at 667-3392 to determine if Unit 11 is the appropriate classification for a specific student assistant job. For general hiring questions contact Toni Martinez at 667-3028.
- Classification and Qualification Standards
- Guidelines for Hiring Academic Student Employees.pdf
- Salary Schedule-Graduate Assistant Class Codes 2355, 2325
- Salary Schedule-Instructional Student Assistant Class Code 1150
- Salary Schedule-Teaching Associate Class Code 2354
- Step by Step Hiring Process
- Description of Duties Form
- Instructional Student Assistant Hiring Form (Form 105)
- Job Posting Template
- Student Employment Application Form
- Student Employment Job Posting Form (Form 101)