Unit 11 - Academic Student Employee Hiring Information

Academic Student Employees

Academic Student Employees are Teaching Associates, Graduate Assistants and Instructional Student Assistants that are hired by campus departments or hiring units to perform a variety of academic related duties. Academic Student Employees are part of Collective Bargaining Unit 11, which is represented by the California Alliance for Academic Student Employees/International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace and Agricultural Implement Workers of America (UAW).

Faculty members and supervisors are encouraged to consult with Dennis Shimek, Vice President for Faculty Affairs & Human Resources at 667-3392 to determine if Unit 11 is the appropriate classification for a specific student assistant job. For general hiring questions contact Toni Martinez at 667-3028.

Unit 11 Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA)

Employment Opportunities

Graduate Assistant Positions

Instructional Student Assistant Positions

Teaching Associate Positions

Hiring Guidelines

Classification and Qualification Standards

Guidelines for Hiring Academic Student Employees.pdf

Salary Schedule-Graduate Assistant Class Codes 2355, 2325

Salary Schedule-Instructional Student Assistant Class Code 1150

Salary Schedule-Teaching Associate Class Code 2354

Step by Step Hiring Process

Employment Forms

Instructional Student Assistant Hiring Form (Form 105)

Job Posting Template

Student Employment Application Form

Student Employment Job Posting Form (Form 101)

Annual Hiring Summaries