Academic Student Employees
Academic Student Employees are Teaching Associates, Graduate Assistants and Instructional Student Assistants that are hired by campus departments or hiring units to perform a variety of academic related duties. Academic Student Employees are part of Collective Bargaining Unit 11, which is represented by the California Alliance for Academic Student Employees/International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace and Agricultural Implement Workers of America (UAW).
Faculty members and supervisors are encouraged to consult with Faculty Affairs 667-3392 to determine if Unit 11 is the appropriate classification for a specific student assistant job. For general hiring questions contact Toni Martinez at 667-3028.
Attention Hiring Departments:
Faculty Affairs has decided to postpone going live with Academic Student (ISA) Hiring through CHRS/Page Up at this time. We anticipate a Go Live launch starting in Spring 2020. We will work with hiring departments on training dates in December and January in anticipation of your Spring hiring.
Feel free to contact Elki Issa or Roseanne Lewis if you have any questions.
- Classification and Qualification Standards
- Guidelines for Hiring Academic Student Employees.pdf
- Salary Schedule-Graduate Assistant Class Codes 2355, 2325
- Salary Schedule-Instructional Student Assistant Class Code 1150
- Salary Schedule-Teaching Associate Class Code 2354
- Step by Step Hiring Process
- Description of Duties Form
- Instructional Student Assistant Hiring Form (Form 105)
- Job Posting Template
- Student Employment Job Posting Form (Form 101)