Walk-In Advising Times: (Subject to change & vary each semester)
Fall 2014: August 21st-September 1st- Beginning of Semester
Monday-Friday: 9:00am-12:00pm | 1:00pm-4:00pm
During Registration Periods & at the Beginning of Each Semester, walk-in advising is generally busy
Students are seen on a first come, first serve basis
Sessions are ONLY 15-30 minutes per student
There is generally waiting involved, so please expect a wait
Transfer student who have NOT been accepted to the university yet will need to schedule a full advising appointment. We may not be able to access your records during a walk-in advising session. We encourage transfer students to apply to the university in order to receive an official transcript evaluation through Admissions and Enrollment Services.
Transfer student who have been admitted should sign up for New Student Orientation (NSO) and could also schedule an appointment prior or after NSO to meet with the advisor
Closed Days/Advisor Out of the Office: Fall 2014
- August 28th-29th & September 1st-2nd- SSC Advisor out of the office
- September 1st- Labor Day
- September 26th & 29th- Accounting Night Preparation & Event
- October 1st-3rd- SSC Advisor/ Coordinator out of the Office
- November 11th- Veterans Day Observed
- November 27th-28th- Thanksgiving Holiday
- December 4th-5th- SSC Office relocating for renovations
- December 24th- January 1st- Holiday Break
Students are encouraged to schedule an academic advising appointment at least once a year. Students who are looking to graduate should schedule a graduation audit at lest two semesters prior to graduation.
Want to Schedule an Appointment?
To make an appointment, please call the SSC Peer Advisors at (209) 667-3864, email CBASSC@csustan.edu, or stop by the Student Success Center Peer Advisor office located in DBH 222.
30 minute appointment for current student advising
60 minute appointment for probation, Financial Aid or SAP Letters, and New transfer student advising (Transfers credits & articulations)
At the time of scheduling, you will need to provide the following information for us to better prepare for your appointment:
Name & Student ID
Topics you would like advising on:
(i.e. Change of Concentration, Graduation Approval, Academic Planning, Job & Career Resources, etc.)
Appointments are not necessary for walk-in advising days
If you are 15 minutes late to your appointment we will have to reschedule your appointment
All Graduation Approvals and Transfer Credit Approvals require a scheduled appointment with the SSC Advisor or Faculty Advisor and cannot be done during walk-in hours.
What is the difference between Walk-In Advising and an Appointment?
Walk-in advising is quick 15-30 minute meetings with the Advisor or Peer Advisor to answer a quick question or semester advising.
Some of the topics covered in walk-in advising are:
- Advising to plan out up coming class schedule for 1 semester
- Assistance or reviews of current classes
- Change or Add Concentration
- Questions on major, university, events or student resources
Appointments on the other hand are longer advising periods and are used for items that need more time to review with an advisor. Such items include but are not limited to the following:
- Transfer credits & articulations
- Planning out a few semester educational plan
- Senior Graduation Approval Forms
- SAP/ Financial Aid Appeal Letters
- Probation Advising
Or discussing something that needs a longer amount of time and attention from an advisor.