Move Out Information
Saturday, May 25
- Residence halls close and students with an academic year/spring only contract must move out no later than 12:00 p.m.
- Meal plans conclude on May 24, 2019
- Residents may request a late check-out of 12:00 p.m., Sunday, May 26, 2019. The cost associated with this request is $50.
- Extensions cannot be accommodated beyond 12:00 p.m. on Sunday, May 26, 2019.
- Submit a Late Check-Out Request Form to Housing and Residential Life by 12:00 p.m., Friday, May 17, 2019.
- Complete a Room Condition Report. You may access this report under the "Inventory" tab in your Housing Portal.
- Turn in your mail key and fill out a mail forwarding card.
- Sign a Check-Out Card in the Housing Office.
Pack. Donate. Recycle.
The most sustainable and cost-effective thing you could do is pack all your personal property to reuse next year. Start packing before finals to avoid additional stress during finals week.
You can drop off gently-used items that you can't take home with you or you wish to donate at the Donation Station in the TV Lounge. Donating helps the environment and members of our local community.
- Clean clothing and shoes
- Clean towels and linens
- Household and school supplies
- Non-perishable, unopened food items
- Small appliances
Items not accepted:
- Broken electronics
Please recycle as much as possible. There will be recycling bins throughout the residence halls for you to place items like plastic/glass bottles and aluminum cans. Paper could be recycled in the Housing Office and cardboard could be recycled next to the dumpsters.
Clean your room thoroughly to avoid charges.
- Remove writing, marks, and residue from walls, ceilings, and doors
- Clean bathroom
- Vacuum carpet and mop floor
- Empty all trash and recycling items from your unit
- Close and lock windows
- Turn lights off
- Close and lock doors
Charges may be assessed if the above procedures are not followed. Common charges you could avoid include:
- Charge for trash and items left in room: $25 per bag of items/trash
- Rooms not vacuumed or mopped: $25
- Fridge/freezer left dirty: $25
- Late non-approved check-out: $50
- Damages to room: charges vary