Calling all Stan State Creative Writers!
If you are interested in becoming a published author or poet and want to learn more about the writing process in a supportive and collaborative setting, Penumbra has the perfect opportunity for you!
This semester Penumbra is set to host two virtual workshops that are designed to help build a community of writers here at Stan State. The Penumbra writing workshops are scheduled for Saturday, November 5th, 2022. Workshops will be facilitated by the Penumbra staff and guest facilitators who will offer writing and publishing advice to student writers. The workshops are designed to help students garner a deeper understanding of poetry and short fiction as well as insight into how to get their works published.
Students should bring at least one piece of writing with them into the workshop that they are willing to work on in a small group environment. In order to attend the workshop, students must first sign up by following the instructions below. The slots are limited and will be filled on a first come first serve basis.
Instructions for sign-ups:
- Visit PENUMBRA ONLINE - Home to learn more about the workshops and Penumbra including our mission statement.
- Fill out the “Workshop Sign-up Sheet.”
- Once you submit the form, you will receive a confirmation email including the Zoom link from the Penumbra staff.
- The poetry workshop will take place from 12-2 PM and the short fiction workshop will take place from 3-5 PM (PST).
- The workshops will be filled on a first come first serve basis.
- The workshop is virtual and the Zoom link will only be given to students who fill out the sign-up sheet.
- The workshops are intended for CSU Stanislaus students only (both graduate and undergraduate students are welcome to attend).
- Students can attend both workshops but need to clarify this when filling out the sign-up sheet.
- Guest facilitators are TBA.
- The workshops are free to attend.
- Students should email email@example.com or direct message @csustanpenumbra with questions.