StanNews & Warrior Weekly
StanNews (faculty and staff e-newsletter) and Warrior Weekly (student e-newsletter) will be sent on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays between 10 a.m. and noon by default. All submissions received by noon on Monday will be posted to StanNews and/or Warrior Weekly by Wednesday during that week. Submissions received after noon on Monday will be posted by Wednesday the following week.
How to Submit
Use the News Story/Announcement form for non-event related announcements or story ideas to be shared with faculty, staff and students. This non-event announcement could be date based, but it doesn't get posted on the public event calendar. When an announcement is submitted, the requestor will receive an email notification confirming the submission.
Event Calendar Announcement
For new events, the 25Live form captures room reservation and marketing information. When submitting your event information via 25Live, you will have the option to request your event to be posted on the University Events Calendar, in StanNews and Warrior Weekly.
If you have already completed your room reservation via 25Live, requests to be included in the University Events Calendar, StanNews and/or Warrior Weekly may be submitted via the Submit an Event form.
Categories & Descriptions
- Academic & Faculty Affairs (Academic Programs & Curriculum, WASC & Accreditation, Assessment, Writing Proficiency Screening Test, General Education, Center for Excellence in Graduate Education, Meta-Major Advising & Learning Cohorts, Interdisciplinary Studies, Faculty Development Center, Faculty Center for Excellence in Teaching & Learning, Office of Research and Sponsored Programs, Service Learning)
- Campus Dining
- Information for Students (Events or information that faculty and staff are encouraged to share with their students. These are also communicated to students via the Warrior Weekly student e-newsletter, single-sign on portal or other communications vehicles.)
- Facilities Services (CPFM)
- Faculty & Staff Receptions (Open houses, retirement receptions, send-offs, holiday parties, contests, picnics)
- Financial & Budget Information
- Health, Wellness & Recreation (Information from Human Resources, Psychological Counseling, the Health Center, Campus Recreation or other sources with information about health, wellness and recreation topics for faculty and staff)
- Hiring/Retiring Announcements
- Human Resources & Payroll
- Open Forums/Surveys (candidate forums, open forums, surveys)
- Provost Messages
- Safety (Information and announcements from University Police (Public Safety) and Safety & Risk Management will be included in this category. Critical safety notifications will continue to be shared via individual email or through StanAlert as appropriate).
- Training/Professional Development
- University News
About StanNews & Warrior Weekly
StanNews is the campuswide weekly newsletter for faculty and staff and Warrior Weekly for students. Both newsletters will leverage web-based automation technology and provide the opportunity to personalize the user communication experience. Our University is implementing this technology for communications with our faculty, staff, students and eventually alumni. This e-newsletter will provide faculty, staff and students with a concise, consistent and interactive format for campus announcements and news.
The Division of University Advancement, in collaboration with the University Communications Advisory Group and the GREAT Student Communications Workgroup, evaluated and analyzed how we communicate internally as a University. A campuswide survey was conducted to gather additional feedback. Many survey respondents expressed receiving too many campuswide emails, which stifle communication about important topics and events. The survey indicated a weekly email containing all University news and announcements to faculty and staff is the preferred method of internal University communication.