Stanislaus State provides Winter Session classes between the Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 semesters. These short three-week courses are a great opportunity to take classes to get ahead, make up for a class or meet any other educational goals.
Winter Session courses offered through Extended Education (EE) are regular University courses that are open to everyone – both current Stanislaus State students and the public. Courses taken through Winter Session may be applied toward degree completion requirements.
Important Instructions (please read prior to registering)
- Fees are not due at the time of submission
- The form may tell you payment is due, please disregard and submit
- You have seven business days from the date of registration submission to pay your fees. Fees can be paid at your MyStanState portal.
- Instructions on how to pay your fees
- If you have never attended Stan State before, you will need to set up your MyStanState account prior to logging in. Instructions on how to set up account.
- For new students, your Student ID and Username will be emailed to you within 3 business days.
- You will need that information to set up your MyStanState account.
- You can register for up to four (4) UG level classes on one submission. If you need to register for more than four classes, you will need to submit another online registration form.
Winter Session 2021 Important Dates
|Sept. 11||Class schedule available online|
|Sept. 24 - Jan. 3||Open Registration|
|Jan. 4 - 5||
Late add/drop period ($25 late fee
|Jan. 5||Last day to register|
Census date (last day to add or drop)
No drops after census date
|Jan. 18||Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (campus closed)|
|Jan. 22||Last day of classes|
Please note: Students who do not attend the first class meeting after registering for a course may be dropped by the instructor. However, a student is responsible for dropping unwanted courses.
Note: A maximum of 7 units may be taken during Winter Session.
Disenrollment for non-payment dates
Disenrollment occurs on unpaid accounts on the following dates after the payment deadline:
|Register By:||Payment Due Date:||*Disenrollment Date:|
|Sept. 24 - Oct. 23||Oct. 27 by 5:00pm||Oct. 29|
|Oct. 24 - Nov. 30||Dec. 2 by 5:00pm||Dec. 3|
|Dec. 1 - Jan. 3||Jan. 5 by 5:00pm||Holds placed on student accounts with balance|
*Disenrollment occurs on unpaid accounts on the following due dates after the payment deadline. Failure to pay fees when due will result in disenrollment without prior notice.
- Registration is on a first come, first served basis.
- Courses may be cancelled due to low enrollment. If your course is cancelled you will be notified of these options:
- Full refund of tuition fees -or-
- Swap to another class
- Undergraduate students: $322 per unit
- Credential students: $349 per unit
- Graduate students: $355 per unit
Note: Fees subject to change without notice. Some courses have course fees. See class schedule.
How to Register:
- View the Winter 2021 class schedule
- Note your course selection(s)
- Register online
You must submit the online registration form by 5 p.m. on January 3, 2021 to avoid the $25 late fee. Forms submitted between January 4 - 5, 2021 will be accepted with the $25 late fee. All forms must be received by 5 p.m. on January 5, 2021.
Refund Policy for Dropped classes:
- Last day to drop in order to receive a full refund of tuition fees: Jan. 3
- Late drop period: Jan. 4 - 5, 65% of tuition fees will be refunded
- After Jan. 5, no refund of tuition fees
- Decisions to cancel classes due to low enrollment: Dec. 14
- Any student whose class is cancelled due to low enrollment will receive a full refund of their tuition fees
Financial Aid is not available during Winter Session.