Stanislaus State provides Winter Session classes between the Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 semesters. These short three-week courses are a great opportunity to take classes to get ahead, make up for a class or meet any other educational goals.
Winter Session courses offered through Extended Education (EE) are regular University courses that are open to everyone – both current Stanislaus State students and the public. Courses taken through Winter Session may be applied toward degree completion requirements.
Winter Session 2021 Important Dates
|Sept. 11||Class schedule available online|
|Sept. 21 - Jan. 3||Open Registration|
|Jan. 4 - 5||
Late add/drop period ($25 late fee)
|Jan. 5||Last day to register|
Census date (last day to add or drop)
No drops after census date
|Jan. 18||Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (campus closed)|
|Jan. 22||Last day of classes|
Please note: Students who do not attend the first class meeting after registering for a course may be dropped by the instructor. However, a student is responsible for dropping unwanted courses.
Note: A maximum of 7 units may be taken during Winter Session.
Disenrollment for non-payment dates
Disenrollment occurs on unpaid accounts on the following dates after the payment deadline:
|Register By:||Payment Due Date:||*Disenrollment Date:|
|Sept. 21 - Oct. 23||Oct. 27 by 5:00pm||Oct. 29|
|Oct. 24 - Nov. 30||Dec. 2 by 5:00pm||Dec. 3|
|Dec. 1 - Jan. 3||Jan. 5 by 5:00pm||Holds placed on student accounts with balance|
*Disenrollment occurs on unpaid accounts on the following due dates after the payment deadline. Failure to pay fees when due will result in disenrollment without prior notice.
- Registration is on a first come, first served basis.
- Courses may be cancelled due to low enrollment. If your course is cancelled you will be notified of these options:
- Full refund of tuition fees -or-
- Swap to another class
- Undergraduate students: $322 per unit
- Credential students: $349 per unit
- Graduate students: $355 per unit
Note: Fees subject to change without notice. Some courses have course fees. See class schedule.
How to Register:
- Current Stan State students:
- All other students:
- Register through EE
- Scan and email the registration form to email@example.com. Photographs not accepted. Social security numbers cannot be accepted via email.
- Registration forms containing social security numbers can either be mailed or dropped off at the Drop Off box located in front of MSR facing the quad
1 University Circle
Turlock, CA 95382
Note: We DO NOT accept phone or fax registrations.
Refund Policy for Dropped classes:
- Last day to drop in order to receive a full refund of tuition fees: Jan. 3
- Late drop period: Jan. 4 - 5, 65% of tuition fees will be refunded
- After Jan. 5, no refund of tuition fees
- Decisions to cancel classes due to low enrollment: Dec. 14
- Any student whose class is cancelled due to low enrollment will receive a full refund of their tuition fees
Policy for Late Adds & Drops:
- Current Stan State students register through myStanState
- All other students add/drop through EE
- $25 fee applies to late adds
- Drop form is required
Financial Aid is not available during Winter Session.