Online Tutoring (Fall/Spring Only)
To make an appointment:
- If this is your first time making an appointment, you must register to create an account at csustan.mywconline.com. From then on, you can just log in for future appointments.
- Once your account has been created, you'll see the Writing Center's Schedule. Purple blocks are when the center is closed. Blue blocks show when other students have already scheduled appointments. White blocks are open times for appointments. Once you've made an appointment, when you log back into the schedule, you'll see your appointment as a gold/yellow block.
- Click on the 60-minute open white block that you'd like to schedule for your online appointment.
- Your tutor will wait for 10 minutes before marking your appointment as "missed" and will delete your appointment. If you miss your session 2 times during a semester, you will be blocked from making any further tutoring appointments that semester. If you have questions about this, you can contact your tutor at firstname.lastname@example.org
What to Do at Your Appointment Time:
- At the time of your appointment, return to the schedule and click on the gold/yellow box indicating your appointment time.
- Under your name on the appointment form, click on Start or Join Online Consultation
- If you don't need the information on the screen that explains how to use the site's functions, delete the text already present in the session.
- Paste in your paper! It won't look exactly as it does in Word, but the text will be there.
- Your tutor will help you through the rest of the session
- When finished, simply close the window!