University Events Calendar Guidelines
The University Events Calendar is only for events organized, hosted, sponsored or co-sponsored by University departments, colleges, centers and institutes, and officially sanctioned student organizations. Events may be open to the campus community — including faculty, staff, students, and/or alumni — or open to the general public. Events may be hosted on- or off-campus.
Event submissions from individuals or organizations from outside of the University will not be accepted, with the exception of conferences or other events (either sponsored by the University or have a broad appeal to the University community) that are held in University venues.
Events must be submitted through the Submit Events form. Events that do not meet the University Events Calendar requirements may be sent back to the requestor for modifications or may be declined. Personal events or solicitations are not permitted, and will be declined. Please review the University Events Calendar submission requirements below for further information on the event submission approval process.
The University reserves the right to approve, deny or make special considerations for any event submitted to the calendar.
Before you submit
- Your event must be a University affiliated event per the University Events Calendar guidelines.
- Reserve space via 25Live before submitting your event to the calendar.
- Confirm that all of your event information is current and accurate.
- PROOFREAD your event information.
- Review some of the existing events on the calendar to familiarize yourself with the general style and format for events. Also review the best practices.
- Submit your event well in advance of the event date, and allow 24-48 hours for review and posting of the event.
Using the event submission form does not guarantee that your event will be published to the University Events Calendar. All submitted events must be reviewed and pre-approved by the applicable department head. When an event is submitted, the requestor will receive the following email notifications:
- An email confirming the event submission
- An email confirming or denying event approval
Files and images
- Do not include images that may be offensive, inappropriate or in violation of copyright laws or University policies. Images should be appropriate for the event being submitted. Please avoid using the event flyer as the graphic for the event.
Ex: portraits of speakers, photos of venues, or high quality promotional graphics
- Image size should be 350px (width) x 350px (height).
Uploaded files should be no larger than 3MB
- Acceptable image and document file types include: .jpg, .gif, and .png
If providing graphics with text, please provide live text as well so appropriate alt/long desc tags may be included for accessibility
Featured events are featured on the landing page of the calendar. Designation as a featured event is at the discretion of the Office of University Communications & Public Affairs. Bear in mind that featured events may be updated frequently, and we cannot guarantee how long your event will be featured on the calendar landing page.
The calendar has been designed to quickly reflect changes, corrections and updates to events. Despite our best efforts, some information may be incorrect or we may not have information about an event you want to attend.
Additional help or information
If you have questions regarding an event you have submitted or need further assistance submitting events to the University Events Calendar, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review these few best practices for submitting your event.