Tips and Suggestions on how to create an informative and accurate Work Order for your important event:
- The main purpose of the work order is to notify the Facilities Departments of any services, supplies, equipment, or setup needed to support your event.
- Here are some things to include in your work order to ensure a successful setup and overall a great event! Remember this… the more time you spend preparing and addressing all the details prior to the event, the smoother the event will go, and you will greatly reduce any stressful issues on the event day.
- Please submit your work order at least 30 days prior to the event, or as soon as possible if you are not 30 days out.
- Include the event name, date, start time, end time, location(s), and the 25Live reservation #.
- If you need an estimate of the Facilities expenses you should select the,” YES” box on the work order to get an estimate on what the costs most likely will be. This will reduce any surprises on costs when the invoice comes to you for final payment. Remember this is only an estimate, it could cost a bit more or even a bit less. If your event is taking place.
- Your department manager/supervisor must review and sign off on the work order prior to submitting it to the Facilities Department.
- Include approved layouts when asking for event set-up. This will be useful for Facilities to ensure the correct placement of rented tables and chairs prior to the event start time. You will also need to adjust your 25Live reservation to allow Facilities time to set up and re-set the room.
- Be very clear on what your custodial needs are, and the frequency of their services. Ex. - “Please have custodial services check, clean, and restock the restrooms, and check garbage bins at all event areas (red and recycle blue bins) every 2 hours. Please restock the bathrooms at the end of the event so they are clean and ready for the next day of operation”. If you are having food at your event you must have a custodian scheduled to clean and empty the trash after your event.
- Always share your event’s timeline with the Facilities department prior to the event. This will help them plan proper coverage.
- Once the Work Order is submitted, it will get reviewed by Facilities and they will calculate an estimated cost and assign a Work Order ID number. This confirmed work order will then be emailed to you to keep for reference and accounting purposes. If you have changes to your Work Order send an email to Facilities Services, the Supervisors of Facilities, and Custodial with the changes or additions you want to be made. Be sure to include your Work Order ID number.
- Email the Work Order request to Facilities Services Facilities Supervisor and Custodial Supervisor. Currently, the team supervisors are Michael Chavez – Facilities Supervisor, and Alvaro De Sousa – Custodial Supervisor. It is also a good idea to copy your contact at the University Events department.
- If you have changes to your Work Order send an email to Facilities Services, the Supervisors of Facilities, and Custodial with the changes or additions you want to be made. Be sure to include your Work Order ID number.
Updated: September 07, 2023