Q:  How do I register for Open University (OU)?

A:  Students should follow the steps outlined below:

  1.  Determine whether you’re taking Undergraduate or Graduate courses to fill out the correct registration form:
  • Undergraduate level courses range from 4999 and below
  • Graduate level courses range at 5000 and above
  1.  Print out the registration form on the OEIE website or pick the registration form up from MSR 180
  • One form is required for each class you are taking
  1. Students are to attend the first day of class to receive a signature or permission number from the professor on their registration form
  • Some classes, such as Education and Nursing courses, require additional permissions.  Please check with the OEIE office for further information
  1. Once students have their registration form completely filled out (Personal information, class information, and Payment information), students may turn in the form for enrollment in the course
  1. Payment is required at the time of registration

**Note:  Enrollment in a course may take three to five days to process**


Q:   What are the fees for Open University?

A:  Fees are $322 for undergraduate level, $349 for credential courses, and $355 for graduate level courses.


Q:  What methods of payment do you accept?

A:  We accept:

  • Visa
  • MasterCard
  • Money order or check (made payable to Stanislaus State)
  • Cash


Q:  When are Open University fees due?

A:  Fees are due at the time of registration.  Forms will not be accepted without payment. 


Q:  When does registration for Open University begin?

A:  Registration begins on the first day of the semester.


Q:  How long does it take before I will be registered?

A:  Typically, registration takes three to five days to process.


Q:  Are there any important registration dates/deadlines I should know about?

A:  Yes, important dates can be found on the Open University page.


Q:  Is there a fee for late add/drops?

A:  Yes, there is a $25 fee for all late adds.  To avoid a late fee, please visit the Open University page to see when late registration begins.


Q:  What is the refund policy for Open University?

A:  For the Open University refund policy, please visit the Open University page. 


Q:  Is Financial Aid available?

A:  No, Financial Aid is only available for admitted students.


Q:  How many units can I take through OU?

A:  There is a 24-unit maximum for Undergraduate level students and a 9-unit maximum for Graduate level students. 


Q:  Are classes taken through OU transferrable?

A:  Yes, units taken through Open University are transferrable.  Please note that enrollment in a course or program through OEIE does not constitute admission to California State University, Stanislaus.  We always recommend students check with the institution that units will be transferred to with any questions about transferring.


Q:  How can I contact an instructor?

A:  Contact information for instructors can be found on the Stanislaus State website A-Z directory under the faculty/Staff search bar.


Q:  Where can I view the class schedule?

A:  You can view the class schedule on the campus website.


Q:  How can I order transcripts?

A:  There are several ways to request a copy of your transcript.  For more information, please visit Transcript Request.   


Q:  Where is OEIE located?

A:  We are located in the Mary Stuart Rogers building, Suite 180, at One University Circle, Turlock, CA


Q:  Can I drop off forms and payment at the Stockton Center?

A:  Yes.


Q:  Who is eligible to enroll as an Open University student?

A:  Anyone who is not currently admitted to the University.


Q:  I am disqualified from Stanislaus State, can I take classes through Open University?

A:  Yes, in fact, taking classes through Open University can help you get reinstated back into the University.  Please see your advisor for more information. 


Q:  Do I have access to the Health Center as an OU student?

A:  No, the Health Center is only available to admitted students who pay for access to the Health Center.  However, students can pay the equivalent fees as admitted students for access.  For more information, please contact OEIE.


Q:  Can I use the gym as an OU student?

A:  No, the gym is only available to admitted students who pay for access to the gym.  However, you may be sponsored by an admitted student for a guest pass.  


Q:  My teacher says I’m not on the roster. What do I do?

A:  There are a few reasons why this may occur.  Keep in mind that:

  1. Open University students are listed on a separate roster from admitted students
  2. OEIE will contact you if there is an issue with your registration via email/phone/mail; if you haven’t heard from us, we are working on your registration
  3. OEIE may take up to a three to five days to process your registration


Q:  How do I get a receipt?

A:  You can get up-to-date financial information, including payment information, at your myStanState account.  Additionally, receipts are available upon request.  They can be picked up in MSR 180 or emailed.


Q:  I’ve never attended Stan State before, how do I log into my myStanState account?

A:  You will need to set a password for your account.  You can do that at the myStanState-Initial Signon page. 


Q:  What is my username?

A:  Your Warrior Username is the first part of your University e-mail address, up to the “@” symbol. (ie: for JBond@csustan.edu, the Warrior Username is “JBOND”).


Q:  How do I access Blackboard?

A:  Once you have created a password, you can log in at the Blackboard page. 


Q:  How do I access my student email?

A:   Once you have created a password, you can log in at the Student E-mail page.