Open University Fall 2016
Who is eligible for Open University?
The Open University program offers educational opportunities for non-admitted students wanting to update their professional skills, make a career change or try out college-level academic classes. If you are currently admitted to the university, you are not eligible for Open University. Please register for courses through myCSUSTAN.
Students who've been academically disqualified are eligible for Open University.
On a space-available basis, Open University students have access to courses at both the Turlock and Stockton campuses. Open University students are subject to all regular university rules and regulations.
Dates to Remember
- Instruction begins: August 24
- Open registration begins: August 24
- Late registration begins ($25 late fee): September 12
- Last day to add or drop: September 21
- Last day to request credit/no credit grading option: September 21
- Last day of classes: December 12
- Finals: December 14 - 20
- Registration and classes for Open University, Fall 2016 begin August 24.
- Registration forms are available for download below or at the UEE office located in the Mary Stuart Rogers (MSR) building, Suite 240 in August. Forms will not be accepted until August 24. Online registration is not available for Open University.
- Registration is on a first come, first served basis.
- Instructor approval with his/her signature or a permission number is required.
- View the Fall 2016 class schedule.
- Note your course selection(s).
- Download a registration form from this web page or pick one up from MSR 240 in January.
- Attend the first class meeting and obtain the instructor's signature or permission number on the form.
- Drop off your completed form and pay for course fees in MSR 240, or mail us your completed form with full payment. You must submit the form by 5 p.m. on September 11 to avoid the $25 late fee.
- Forms submitted between September 12 - 21 will be accepted with the $25 late fee. All forms must be received in the office by 5 p.m. on September 21. Postmarks will not be accepted.
- Mailing address:
- Stanislaus State University Extended Education
- One University Circle, MSR 240
- Turlock, CA 95382
- Note: One form for each class is required.
- Courses may be cancelled due to low enrollment.
- Registration does not guarantee a course will not be cancelled.
- Undergraduate level courses are numbered from 1000 to 4995.
- Graduate level courses are numbered 5000 and above.
Fall 2016 Open University Fees & Payment
- Undergraduate Students: $322 per unit
- Graduate Students: $355 per unit
- Fees subject to change without notice.
- Payment is due at the time of registration.
- Financial aid is not available.
- Payment plans are not available.
- Open registration: August 24 – September 21.
- Late registration ($25 late fee): September 12 - 21.
- Last day to add or drop: September 21. If you drop a class between August 24 and September 21, you will only receive a 65% refund.
Additional Fees (optional)
Additional services, such as access to the Student Health Center and Recreation Complex, are available to Open University students with additional fees. Payments are made at the cashier's office. Please check the current campus fee schedule to determine the exact amount of these fees.
Students may use a maximum of 24 units of credit towards a California State University, Stanislaus undergraduate degree (please check with major departments for individual rules). Academic credit received in these programs will apply to your GPA and may also be transferred to other universities.
Please contact University Extended Education for the procedures and registration requirements.