Open University Fall 2019
Who is eligible for Open University?
- Non-admitted students who want to update their professional skills or take academic classes are eligible for Open University
- Students who have been academically disqualified are eligible for Open University
*Admitted students are not eligible for Open University.
On a space-available basis, Open University students have access to courses at both the Turlock and Stockton campuses. Open University students are subject to all regular university rules and regulations.
Dates to Remember
- Instruction begins: August 22
- Open registration begins: August 22
- Late registration begins ($25 late fee): September 5
- Last day to add or drop: September 19
- Last day to request credit/no credit grading option: September 19
- Last day of classes: December 10
- Finals: December 12 - 18
- Registration and classes for Open University, Fall 2019 begin August 22.
- Registration forms are available for download below or at the OEIE office located in the Mary Stuart Rogers (MSR) building, Suite 180. Forms will not be accepted until August 22. Online registration is not available for Open University.
- Registration is on a first come, first served basis.
- Instructor approval with his/her signature or a permission number is required.
Graduate Level Courses
Graduate programs at Stanislaus State are competitive and require additional approvals; permission to enroll is at the discretion of the Program Coordinator. Students may be asked to provide the following:
- Evidence of a compelling reason why you should be allowed to enroll for graduate credit through Open University.
- Evidence of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
- Evidence of an adequate GPA for admission to the specific program from which you are requesting a course.
Additional approvals from the Program Coordinator are required.
Official Program Limits
The normal unit load is 15 units but students can take up to 18. A student who wishes to register for more than 18 units for fall or spring semester must obtain the approval of the major department chair at registration on a Registration Options form. The maximum for which a student may enroll during the summer term is 10 units. Additional units in a winter and summer term require the approval of the major department chair on an Add/Drop form. Enrollment for approved excess units is permitted beginning the first day of class. Units taken for Credit by Examination do not count toward excess units; however, concurrent enrollment courses, audited courses, and courses in which a student is making up an incomplete grade are all counted as part of the student’s total course load, making them applicable to this regulation.
- View the Fall 2019 class schedule
- Note your course selection(s)
- Download a registration form or pick one up from MSR 180 in August
- Attend the first class meeting and obtain the instructor's signature or permission number on the form
- Drop off your completed form and pay for course fees in MSR 180, or mail us your completed form with full payment. You must submit the form by 5 p.m. on September 4 to avoid the $25 late fee.
- Forms submitted between September 5 - 19 will be accepted with the $25 late fee. All forms must be received in the office by 5 p.m. on September 19. Postmarks will not be accepted.
Stanislaus State, Office of Extended and International Education
One University Circle, MSR 180
Turlock, CA 95382
Note: One form for each class is required.
- Courses may be cancelled due to low enrollment
- Registration does not guarantee a course will not be cancelled
- Undergraduate level courses are numbered from 1000 to 4995
- Graduate level courses are numbered 5000 and above
Fall 2019 Open University Fees & Payment
- Undergraduate Students: $322 per unit
- Credential Students: $349 per unit
- Graduate Students: $355 per unit
- Fees subject to change without notice
- Payment is due at the time of registration
- Financial aid is not available
- Payment plans are not available
- Open registration: August 22 – September 19
- Late registration ($25 late fee): September 5 – 19
- Last day to add or drop: September 19.
If you request a refund after the ﬁrst class meeting of a course with four meetings or less, no refund can be processed. If you request a refund after the ﬁrst class meeting of a course with ﬁve meetings or more, 65 percent of fees collected will be refunded, less a $25 administrative charge, until 25 percent of the course time has elapsed, after which no refund will be made.
Additional Fees (optional)
Additional services, such as access to the Student Health Center and Recreation Complex, are available to Open University students with additional fees. Payments are made at the cashier's office. Please check the current campus fee schedule to determine the exact amount of these fees.
Students may use a maximum of 24 units of credit towards a Stanislaus State undergraduate degree or 9 units of graduate courses (please check with major departments for individual rules). Academic credit received in these programs will apply to your GPA and may also be transferred to other universities.
Please contact Extended Education for the procedures and registration requirements.