Online Registration now available for Fall 2020
Important Instructions (please read prior to registering)
- Fees are not due at the time of submission
- The form may tell you payment is due, please disregard and submit
- You have seven business days from the date of registration submission to pay your fees. Fees can be paid at your MyStanState portal.
- Instructions on how to pay your fees
- If you have never attended CSUS before, you will need to set up your MyStanState account prior to logging in. Instructions on how to set up account.
- For new students, your Student ID and Username will be emailed to you within 3 business days.
- You will need that information to set up your MyStanState account.
- You can register for up to four (4) UG level classes on one submission. If you need to register for more than four classes, you will need to submit another online registration form.
Note: It is the student’s responsibility to pay all fees due within 7 business days.
Open University Fall 2020
Who is eligible for Open University?
- Non-admitted students who want to update their professional skills or take academic classes are eligible for Open University
- Students who have been academically disqualified are eligible for Open University
*Admitted students are not eligible for Open University.
On a space-available basis, Open University students have access to courses at both the Turlock and Stockton campuses. Open University students are subject to all regular university rules and regulations.
Dates to Remember
- Instruction begins: August 24
- Open registration begins: August 24
- Late registration begins ($25 late fee): September 3
- Last day to add or drop: September 21
- Last day to request credit/no credit grading option: September 21
- Last day of classes: December 11
- Finals: December 14 - 18
- Registration and classes for Open University, Fall 2020 begin August 24.
- Register online
- Registration is on a first come, first served basis.
- Instructor approval with email confirmation or a permission number is required.
Graduate Level Courses
Graduate programs at Stanislaus State are competitive and require additional approvals; permission to enroll is at the discretion of the Program Coordinator. Students may be asked to provide the following:
- Evidence of a compelling reason why you should be allowed to enroll for graduate credit through Open University.
- Evidence of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
- Evidence of an adequate GPA for admission to the specific program from which you are requesting a course.
Additional approvals from the Program Coordinator are required.
Official Program Limits
The normal unit load is 15 units but students can take up to 18. A student who wishes to register for more than 18 units for fall or spring semester must obtain the approval of the major department chair at registration on a Registration Options form. The maximum for which a student may enroll during the summer term is 10 units. Additional units in a winter and summer term require the approval of the major department chair on an Registration Options form. Enrollment for approved excess units is permitted beginning the first day of class. Units taken for Credit by Examination do not count toward excess units; however, concurrent enrollment courses, audited courses, and courses in which a student is making up an incomplete grade are all counted as part of the student’s total course load, making them applicable to this regulation.
You must submit the online registration form by 5 p.m. on September 2, 2020 to avoid the $25 late fee. Forms submitted between September 3 - 21, 2020 will be accepted with the $25 late fee. All forms must be received by 5 p.m. on September 21, 2020.
- Courses may be cancelled due to low enrollment
- Registration does not guarantee a course will not be cancelled
- Undergraduate level courses are numbered from 1000 to 4995
- Graduate level courses are numbered 5000 and above
Fall 2020 Open University Fees & Payment
- Undergraduate Students: $322 per unit
- Credential Students: $349 per unit
- Graduate Students: $355 per unit
- Fees subject to change without notice
- Payment is due at the time of registration
- Financial aid is not available
- Payment plans are not available
- Open registration: August 24 - September 21
- Late registration ($25 late fee): September 3 - 21
- Last day to add or drop: September 21
If you request a refund after the ﬁrst class meeting of a course with four meetings or less, no refund can be processed. If you request a refund after the ﬁrst class meeting of a course with ﬁve meetings or more, 65 percent of fees collected will be refunded, less a $25 administrative charge, until 25 percent of the course time has elapsed, after which no refund will be made.
Additional Fees (optional)
Additional services, such as access to the Student Health Center and Recreation Complex, are available to Open University students with additional fees. Payments are made at the cashier's office. Please check the current campus fee schedule to determine the exact amount of these fees.
Students may use a maximum of 24 units of credit towards a Stanislaus State undergraduate degree or 9 units of graduate courses (please check with major departments for individual rules). Academic credit received in these programs will apply to your GPA and may also be transferred to other universities.
Please contact Extended Education for the procedures and registration requirements.