Feedback Studio works on most modern browsers (e.g., Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer 11, Edge). We recommend Firefox.
If you see an error message in Safari, either change your Block Cookies setting to Never or use Firefox.
TurnItIn updated all features, including Originality Report, GradeMark, QuickMarks, Voice Comments, and Rubrics, into a more intuitive page.
This new design displays grading, feedback, and similarity checking services in one view.
Feedback Studio integrates with Blackboard as did the original TurnItIn Assignment Link
Read an article from Plagiarism Today for a comparison.
Old TII Links
All old TII links will remain available through Bb.
All previous submissions will open in the new Feedback Studio interface.
You need not change, modify, or delete your old links to use the new Feedback Studio interface.
Create a Bb/Feedback Studio Assignment
- In the Bb Course Menu, click the Content Area (e.g., Assignments) where you want the students to submit the Turnitin Assignment.
- In the Assessments menu, select Turnitin Assignment.
- Click the button for the Assignment Type (when applicable, otherwise continue with next):
Paper Assignment - basic type, most common.
PeerMark Assignment - for students to review their peers' papers.
Revision Assignment - for multiple draft uploads without overwriting the previous drafts.
A Revision Assignment requires a Paper Assignment to be created first.
Click Next Step
- On the New Assignment page, enter the Assignment Title, the Point Value, and the Start/Due/Post Date options (Post Date sets when students see the grade and comments.)
- Set Optional Settings as needed (Special Instructions, alternate settings)
Includes Originality Report settings.
- Click Submit.
A column is added to the Bb course Grade Center.
Students see the TII Assignment Name with the View/Complete link on that content page. The assignment is submitted to TII through the Bb TII Assignment link.
Grade a Bb/Feedback Studio Assignment
- In your Bb Control Panel, click Course Tools, then click Turnitin Assignments.
- Click the name of the assignment.
- Click Roster Sync, if necessary, to update student names.
- Click the check box to the left of the word Author to select all files, then click Download and select Original File or GradeMark Paper.
- Click OK on the popup item to continue.
- Click the Messages tab for the link to download the files in a zipped folder - follow the prompts.
- Unzip the folder to work with papers on your computer.
- Inline Document Viewer
- Click the name of the submission in the Title column to open the submission in the Document Viewer.
- Click the Grade column icon to open the submission in GradeMark to add comments and enter a grade.
- Click the Similarity column icon to view the Originality Report.
Navigate among Originality, GradeMark, and e-Rater pages with the menu buttons on the Document Viewer.
Open the menu with the top icon to select Active Layers.
- Click the ⬇︎ icon in the menu to download the Current View, Digital Receipt, or Originally Submitted File.
- Click the ⓘ icon to view submission information.
TII User's Paper and Originality Report links are also available from the Bb Grade Center. Select Attempt [date] from the drop down menu to open the page.
NOTE: Students do not see GradeMark comments, including spelling/grammar check, until after the Post Date/Time (not the same as Due Date).
The instructor must have used GradeMark on the submission options for GradeMark view to be available to the student.
If the student does not see a blue View button (e.g., it's grey), then either the Post Date hasn't passed or the instructor has not used GradeMark for the submission.
About Student Submissions
When students submit an assignment to the TurnItIn link, they see a digital receipt page with a Submission ID Number. They also receive an email with the receipt number. The student should check the junk, spam, or trash email folders if the digital receipt is not in the inbox.
Advise students to save or print that information to use for tracking the submission in case of an issue. The TII Help Desk needs the receipt number.
If a student does not see the receipt, the paper was not accepted, and the student will need to start the process again.
Many students make the mistake of uploading the paper and think the submission is complete.
There is a second step, which is to Confirm Submission.
If the second step isn't completed, the paper is not submitted, and there will be no digital receipt.
Delete a Bb/Feedback Studio Assignment
- In the Bb Class Control Panel, click Course Tools, click Turnitin Assignments.
- Find the assignment name and click Delete Assignment.
This deletes the Assignment from Blackboard.
- On the popup alert, click OK to confirm deletion.
Papers remain in the TII database and are used for matching with future submissions.
You can view all submitted documents from all your courses at turnitin.com.
Log in with your Stan State email address. Reset your password if necessary.
The Course Copy process can occasionally break a TII link.
The TII Basic tools may fix the connection. Contact BbSupport.
If the link cannot be fixed, you will have a Grade Center column that cannot be deleted.
Hide it from Student View, change the name for your identification purposes, and hide from Instructor view.
When you see TurnItIn Error 423
- For a quick response
Call the TII Help Desk,
- TII requests 24 - 48 hours to resolve this issue.
TII Top Questions
- How can I use Feedback Studio on my iPad ®?
- How can I move a paper to a different assignment?
- How can I delete a submission?
- What are the top 15 misconceptions about TII?
- Feedback Studio for Instructors Manual
- File Types Displayed in the Document Viewer
- TII Feedback Studio on iPad - User Manual
- TII Resources
- TII System Requirements
- TII System Status
- TII Teaching Tools - Rubrics, Lesson Plans
- TII Self-Service Help Center - quick answers to your questions
- TII YouTube videos
- Submit a Workorder Directly to TII
- Plugin = Bb Basic; Version = 2.7.1