Transgender and Gender-nonconforming needs
in the Central Valley and Beyond
The conference will bring together the local and regional transgender and gender nonconforming community and their allies for education, advocacy and community building with a special focus on the ethnic diversity of the region.
Friday, May 4, 2018
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Mary Stuart Rogers Building, 130
5:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Stanislaus State, Main Stage Theater
- Increased knowledge, skills and awareness among professional providers regarding appropriate and respectful service delivery to this population.
- Increased professional focus on issues of intersectionality within the trans and gender nonconforming community.
- Develop at least one intervention/action to take back to implement at one's agency.
Course meets the qualifications for six hours of continuing credit for LCSWs, LMFTs, LPCCs, or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. NASW-CA offers 6 CEUs at $40 for NASW members (member # requested) and $45 for non-members. Provide license type and number when registering. NO REFUNDS.
Thanks to Our Sponsors
Many thanks to our sponsors, without whose support this conference would not be possible.
- National Association of Social Workers, California
- Stan State Office of the Provost
- Stan State President's Commission on Diversity and Inclusion
- Stan State College of Education, Kinesiology and Social Work
- Stan State College of the Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
- Stan State Peer Project
- Stan State Departments of Social Work and Communication Studies
- California Faculty Association
Special thanks to NASW-CA for funding student scholarships.