EPT Exemption Criteria for Stanislaus State
For students admitted for Fall 2011 and later, you do not have to take the EPT if you present proof of one of the following:
- A score of "Exempt" or "Ready for college-level English courses" on the CSU Early Assessment Program (EAP) taken along with the English Language Arts California Standard Test in grade 11
- A score of 500 or above on the critical reading section of the College Board SAT Reasoning Test
- A score of 22 or above on the American College Testing (ACT) English Test
- A score of 3 or above on either the Language and Composition or Composition and Literature examination of the College Board Scholastic Advanced Placement Program
- Successful completion, with a grade of C- or better, and transfer to the CSU, of a college course that satisfies the lower division, General Education requirement in English Composition (Area A2). The couse must be successfully completed by the time the student enters the university. Course equivalents at local community colleges are: MJC, Engl 101; San Joaquin Delta, Engl 1A; Merced, Engl 1A; Columbia, Engl 1A. Students who are currently taking a course that satisfies this requirement and who expect to earn a final grade of C- or better by the time they enter the university, will be considered temporarily exempt from EPT testing if they present proof of enrollment in that course at New Student Orientation. Two copies of official transcripts confirming the passing grade are required to consider the EPT exemption process complete.
Additional Score Report Information
If you need a copy of your EPT and/or ELM scores:On a piece of paper write your request for a duplicate copy of your scores and
- Print your first and last name
- Your mailing address
- Your social security number
- The month & year you took your test
- Be sure you sign your request.
Include a check or money order for $10 made payable to
"ETS - EPT/ELM"
Mail it to:
Educational Testing Service
2731 Systron Drive, Concord, CA 94518
(Allow 3 - 6 weeks for a response.)
or call (925) 808-2142