Focus on Mathematics.pdf - provides information about the entry level mathematics requirement of the CSU, and it includes answers to a number of frequently asked questions. Focus on Mathematics includes fifty samples of the types of questions appearing on the new ELM test.
ELM Exemption Criteria for CSU Stanislaus
You are exempt from the ELM if you can provide documented proof of one of the following:
- placement in the "Ready for CSU College-level mathematics courses" category on the Early Assessment Program (EAP) Mathematics taken in conjunction with the 11th grade California Standards Test in Summative High School Mathematics or Algebra II
- placement in the "Ready for CSU College-level mathematics courses - Conditional" category on the Early Assessment Program (EAP) Mathematics taken in conjunction with the 11th grade California Standards Test in Summative High School Mathematics or Algebra II, PLUS successful completion of a CSU-approved math or math-related course or activity taken before you enroll at a CSU campus
- A score of 550 or above on the mathematics section of the College Board SAT I: Reasoning Test; or
- A score of 550 or above on the College Board Mathematics Achievement Test or SAT II: Mathematics Test, Level I, IC, II or IIC (C=calculator); or
- A score of 23 or above on the ACT Mathematics Test; or
- A score of 3, 4, or 5 on either the College Board Advanced Placement mathematics (Calculus AB or BC) or statistics exam; or
- A score of 50 or above on the College Level Examination Program (CLEP) test in either Calculus with Elementary Functions, or College Algebra or College Algebra/Trigonometry; or
- Successful completion, with a grade of C- or better, and transfer to the CSU, of a college course that satisfies the lower division, General Education requirement in mathematics (Area B3). The couse must be successfully completed by the time the student enters the university. Course equivalents at local community colleges are as follows:
|Modesto Junior College||Math 101, 105, 106, 111, 115, 121, 122, 130, 134, 138, 144, 171 or 172|
|San Joaquin Delta College||Math 1, 2, 10, 12, 13, 17A, 20, 30, 31, 36, or
|Merced College||Math 2, 4A, 5A, 5B, 10, 15, 20A, 20B, 21, 25, or 26|
|Columbia College||Math 2, 4A, 4B, 6, 8, 10, 12, 16, 18A, 18B, or 18C|
Additional Score Report Information
If you need a copy of your EPT and/or ELM scores:
On a piece of paper write your request for a duplicate copy of your scores and
- Print your first and last name
- Your mailing address
- Your social security number
- The month & year you took your test
- Be sure you sign your request.
Include a check or money order for $10 made payable to
"ETS - EPT/ELM"
Mail it to:
Educational Testing Service
2731 Systron Drive, Concord, CA 94518
Allow 3 - 6 weeks for a response.
or call (925) 808-2142