• I am a part-time/ integrated student. When should I submit my TPAs?

All MSCP students submit their tasks during second semester student teaching. Orientations are held prior to student teaching.

  • Can I use lesson plans and assessments from the teachers€™ guide?
    Yes. Make sure you adapt the lesson to meet the needs of your class.
  • What can I use from practice TPA activities?
    Guidelines and questions that help you clarify your thinking. You many not submit any work that was modified by the instructor or for which you were given specific feedback.
  • Can I use the same €œsubject areas€ for different tasks?
    No. MSCP students should select different content areas for Tasks 2-4. SSCP students who teach different sections of the same subject should use different topics for Tasks 2-4.
  • Can I use the same focus students for different tasks?
  • In which task(s) do I need an IDENTIFIED SN?
    Task 3
  • What EL levels do I need for my focus students?
    Early to Intermediate (CELDT 1-3)
  • I€™m a BCLAD student teaching in an immersion classroom. What focus students do I need?
    Choose two SN students instead of an EL. For Task 3 make sure that at least one of these SN students are identified SN.
  • Which tasks need permission slips?
    Only Task 4 requires permission slips, but all student work must be anonymous.
  • How many permission slips do I need?
    Task 4: One for everyone appearing in the video. "Everyone" means all students, adults, and teachers who appear in the video.
  • Do I use different permission slips for the tasks?
    No. All students should use the university permission slip for TPA work. It will cover the collection of student work and the video.
  • Who will video record my Task 4 lesson?
    Your Supervisor or Cooperating Teacher or yourself. Camera checkouts are conducted through the OIT Helpdesk for MSCP; SSCP handles its own camera checkout.
  • Can I submit my completed tasks early?
    Of course! But scoring only happens in during the regularly scheduled scoring period; however, exceptions may be made for certain emergency situations.
  • What happens if I fail a task or miss a deadline?
    You will  need to resubmit your task through University Extended Education and pay the appropriate fees.
    UEE TPA Resubmission can be found here.