The California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC) recently announced that the Basic Skills Requirement (BSR), which is most often met through the CBEST exam, may now be met by Commission-approved coursework. If you are interested in having your courses reviewed by a Credential Analyst for this option you MUST submit a Basic Skills Requirement (BSR) Form to email@example.com by or before Friday, October 8, 2021 for Spring 2022 Student Teaching consideration. They will confirm if you met this requirement through coursework or not.
**The BSR Form should only be completed and submitted by students who have not fully completed and passed the Basic Skills Requirement. Any student that has already completed this requiement through the CBEST exam and has sent in passing results for all sections should not send in a BSR Form.**
We are still pending direction from CCTC regarding fulfilling Subject Matter Competency (SMC) through Commission-approved coursework. So as of now, all programs will require full SMC completion through one of the following options: ESM Waivers/SMPP; pass all CSETs in content area; or have an authorized bachelor's degree that matches content area.
Student Teaching Information
- Application Period | August 30, 2021 - October 8, 2021
- Application Link | Spring 2022 Student Teaching-Fieldwork Application
- Fieldwork Dates | Mid to Late January (Depends on your individual orientation)
- New Student/Student Teaching Orientation | November 19, 2021 at 4pm via Zoom
- Fieldwork Dates | Mid to Late August (Depends on your individual orientation)
- New Student/Student Teaching Orientation | May 7, 2021 at 4 pm via Zoom
SSCP Helpful Resources
- Frequently Asked Questions
- SSCP Advising Sheet
- Teacher Education Department Program Handbook
- Intern Handbook
- Course Verification Form
- Selection and Review Petition Form
Submitting a ST-Fieldwork application will not guarantee you student teaching clearance. In order to clear for fieldwork for Spring2022, ALL students (employed, non-employed and interns) must meet the Basic Skills Requirement, Subject Matter Competency and complete any other missing requirements (if any). Necessary documentation to show completion or in-progress for any missing or pending requirement(s) is required. Please work on obtaining and submitting all necessary documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. If you have already submitted updated information on any of the items listed you do not have to resubmit again.
Eligibility Requirements are:
- Have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0
- Be admitted to CSU Stanislaus as a matriculated student
- Complete and Pass EDSS 3900 - Foundations of Secondary Education
- This course may be in progress at the time application is submitted. If this is the case, a Course Verification Form completed by your instructor is required with your application.
- Valid TB Clearance for the entire student teaching period
- Valid CCTC Clearance for the entire student teaching period
- Fully meet Basic Skills Requirement (BSR)
- BSR bac be fulfilled in a number of ways. Visit CCTC Basic Skills Requirement for the complete option list.
- Interested in having your courses reviewed for the new coursework option, the BSR Form is due Friday, October 8, 2021 to email@example.com for SP22 ST consideration.
- For students completing BSR through CBEST exam, whether it is one section or all three, must submit proof of registration and have results in no later than Monday, November 1, 2021.
- Fully meet Subject Matter Competency (SMC)
We are still pending direction from CCTC regarding fulfilling SMC through Commission-approved coursework. As of now, SMC can be completed through one of the following options:
- Subject Matter Preparation Programs (SMPP)
- Pass all CSETs in content area - must submit proof of registration and have results no later than Monday, November 1, 2021
- Have an authorized bachelor's degree that matches content area
- Complete and Pass: American Government/Constitution, WP English Composition and Second Language Experience
Student Teaching Courses - 1st Semester
- EDSS 4100 - Secondary Education Methods (4 units)
- EDSS 4850 - Secondary Educ Field Practicum I (2 units)
Student Teaching Courses - 2nd Semester
- EDSS 4300 - Secondary Education Methods II (4 units)
- EDSS 4400 - Secondary Education Methods III (4 units)
- EDSS 4855 - Secondary Ed Field Practicum II (5 units)
Dr. Derek Riddle | firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Jon McFarland | email@example.com
Office of Field Services
firstname.lastname@example.org | 209.667.3045