Spring 2021 Student Teaching Information
Application Period | Tuesday, September 8, 2020 - Friday, October 16, 2020
Application | SP'21 Student Teaching Application
ST Dates | Mid to Late January (Depends on your individual orientation)
New Student / Student Teaching Orientation | November 20, 2020 @ 4pm via Zoom (Zoom Link TBA)
It is important to note that submitting an application will not guarantee you student teaching clearance. All eligibility requirements must be completed or in progress and all necessary documentation must be submitted to be eligible to student teach. You will receive an email to your CSUStan email account when you are fully cleared for student teaching.
Eligibility Requirements are:
- Be admitted to CSU Stanislaus as a matriculated student
- Complete and Pass EDSS 3900 - Foundations of Secondary Education
- This course may be in progress at the time application is submitted; however, a Course Verification Form completed by your instructor is required with the application.
- Valid TB Clearance for the entire student teaching period
- Valid CCTC Clearance for the entire student teaching period
- Meet Basic Skills
- You will need to submit proof of passage for one of the listed options under Admission Requirements #2 on the SSCP Information Sheet
- Pass ALL CSET Exams OR Complete Subject Matter Preparation Program in your content area
- Courses for SMPP may be in progress at the time application is submitted; however, a Course Verification Form completed by your instructor is required with the application.
- Complete and Pass: American Government/Constitution, WP English Composition and Second Language Experience
In order to have a clear system in place, students will be accepted to student teach in the following order:
- You are 100% cleared to student teach. (All tests have been submitted and passed, TB test and Certificate of Clearance have been submitted.)
- You are missing or need to renew TB Clearance or CCTC Clearance. (Documentation needs to be valid for the entire student teaching period.)
- You will be 100% cleared to student teach pending a successful graduation in your subject matter prep program courses.
- You only need to complete CSETs in your content area.
Student Teaching Courses - 1st Semester
- EDSS 4100 - Secondary Education Methods (4 units)
- EDSS 4850 - Secondary Educ Field Practicum I (2 units)
Student Teaching Courses - 2nd Semester
- EDSS 4300 - Secondary Education Methods II (4 units)
- EDSS 4400 - Secondary Education Methods III (4 units)
- EDSS 4855 - Secondary Ed Field Practicum II (5 units)
Office of Field Services
T | 209-667-3045
F | 209-664-7132