**IMPORTANT: The current Executive Order N-66-20, signed by Govenor Newsom, was approved for academic years 19-20 and 20-21 only. Therefore, all programs will adhere to normal program fieldwork requirements for Fall 2021. The listed requirements below are currently set in place, if there are any changes or an extension to the EO we will follow up with you via your CSU Stan email. Please work on obtaining and submitting all necessary documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.**
Fall 2021 Student Teaching Information
Application Deadline | Friday, March 19, 2021
Fieldwork Dates | Mid to Late August (Depends on your individual orientation)
New Student-Student Teaching Orientation | May 7, 2021 at 4pm via Zoom
Application Link | FA21 Student Teaching-Fieldwork Application
It is important to note that submitting an application will not guarantee you student teaching clearance. All eligibility requirements must be completed or in progress and all necessary documentation must be submitted to be eligible to student teach. You will receive an email to your CSUStan email account when you are fully cleared for student teaching.
Eligibility Requirements are:
- Be admitted to CSU Stanislaus as a matriculated student
- Complete and Pass EDSS 3900 - Foundations of Secondary Education
- This course may be in progress at the time application is submitted; however, a Course Verification Form completed by your instructor is required with the application.
- Valid TB Clearance for the entire student teaching period
- Valid CCTC Clearance for the entire student teaching period
- Complete Basic Skills - This is most often met through CBEST
- For other options, please visit CCTC Basic Skills Requirement
- If you have not passed all sections of the CBEST exam, proof of registration is required and results must be in no later than April 2, 2021 for student teaching eligibility.
- Pass ALL CSET Exams OR Complete Subject Matter Preparation Program in your content area
- Courses for SMPP may be in progress at the time application is submitted; however, a Course Verification Form completed by your instructor is required with the application. Please send the form link to your course instructors for them to complete and sign. Once the form is signed, Field Services will receive a copy directly.
- If you have not passed all CSETs in your content area, proof of registration is required and results must be in later than April 2, 2021 for student teaching eligibility.
- Complete and Pass: American Government/Constitution, WP English Composition and Second Language Experience
Student Teaching Courses - 1st Semester
- EDSS 4100 - Secondary Education Methods (4 units)
- EDSS 4850 - Secondary Educ Field Practicum I (2 units)
Student Teaching Courses - 2nd Semester
- EDSS 4300 - Secondary Education Methods II (4 units)
- EDSS 4400 - Secondary Education Methods III (4 units)
- EDSS 4855 - Secondary Ed Field Practicum II (5 units)
Dr. Heather Dean | email@example.com
Office of Field Services