The California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC) recently announced that the Basic Skills Requirement (BSR), which is most often met through the CBEST exam, may now be met by Commission-approved coursework. If you are interested in having your courses reviewed by a Credential Analyst for this option you MUST submit a Basic Skills Requirement (BSR) Form to firstname.lastname@example.org by or before Friday, October 8, 2021 for Spring 2022 Student Teaching consideration. They will confirm if you met this requirement through coursework or not.
**The BSR Form should only be completed and submitted by students who have not fully completed and passed the Basic Skills Requirement. Any student that has already completed this requiement through the CBEST exam and has sent in passing results for all sections should not send in a BSR Form.**
We are still pending direction from CCTC regarding fulfilling Subject Matter Competency (SMC) through Commission-approved coursework. So as of now, all programs will require full SMC completion through one of the following options: ESM Waivers/SMPP; pass all CSETs in content area; or have an authorized bachelor's degree that matches content area.
Student Teaching Information
- Application Period | August 30, 2021 - October 8, 2021
- Application Link | Spring 2022 Student Teaching-Fieldwork Application
- Fieldwork Dates | January 18, 2022 - May 27, 2022 (All Day Long)
- Mandatory Fieldwork Orientation | Attendance to both is not required, only one
- Monday, November 15, 2021 | 1-3pm | via Zoom
- Friday, November 19, 2021 | 2-4pm | via Zoom
- Fieldwork Dates | August 16, 2021 - December 17, 2021 (All Day Long)
- FA21 Phase-In Schedule
Submitting a ST-Fieldwork application will not guarantee you student teaching clearance. In order to clear for fieldwork for Spring2022, ALL students (employed, non-employed and interns) must meet the Basic Skills Requirement, Subject Matter Competency and complete any other missing requirements (if any). Necessary documentation to show completion or in-progress for any missing or pending requirement(s) is required. Please work on obtaining and submitting all necessary documentation to email@example.com as soon as possible. If you have already submitted updated information on any of the items listed you do not have to resubmit again.
Eligibility Requirements are:
- Have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0
- Be admitted to CSU Stanislaus as a matriculated student
- Valid TB Clearance for the entire student teaching period
- Valid CCTC Clearance for the entire student teaching period
- Fully Meet Basic Skills Requirement (BSR)
- BSR bac be fulfilled in a number of ways. Visit CCTC Basic Skills Requirement for the complete option list.
- Interested in having your courses reviewed for the new coursework option, the BSR Form is due Friday, October 8, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org for SP22 ST consideration.
- For students completing BSR through CBEST exam, whether it is one section or all three, must submit proof of registration and have results in no later than Monday, November 1, 2021.
- Fully Meet Subject Matter Competency (SMC)
We are still pending direction from CCTC regarding fulfilling SMC through Commission-approved coursework. As of now, SMC can be completed through one of the following options:
- ESM Waivers
- Pass all CSETs | 101, 214, 103 - must submit proof of registration to email@example.com and have results no later than Monday, November 1, 2021
- Have an authorized bachelor's degree that matches content area
- Complete and Pass with a grade C or better: Second Language Experience, WP English Composition, American Government/Constitution and ALL credential courses: Co-requisites and Method Courses
MSCP and ESCP students cannot take EDMS 4110/4111 or EDMS 4121 or more than 3 additional units while student teaching. Any student who has yet to complete these two courses or will be enrolling in more than 3 units other than the fieldwork courses (excluding EDMS 4110/4111 or 4121) is required to submit a Selection and Review Petition Form along with a letter to Teacher Education for approval. Petitions require submission 2 weeks before committee meeting. Committee meeting dates can be found on the Teacher Education webpage.
Due to placement availability, anyone without a complete application by Monday, November 1, 2021 will be waitlisted. The cleared list is on a first come, first serve basis. We cannot guarantee that if you pass your exams or submit necessary documentation after Nov. 1 you will receive a placement. All eligibility requirements must be completed by or before the Nov. 1st. deadline to be fully cleared for student teaching. Please work on obtaining and submitting all necessary documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
Handbooks and Forms
- Dept. of Teacher Education Handbook
- Dept. of Teacher Education Intern Handbook
- MSCP Student Teaching Handbook
- Individual (Induction) Development Plan - IDP
- MSCP Handy Dandy Advising Sheet
- MSCP Record of Clinical Practice - 600hr Log
- Selection & Review Petition Form
Student Teaching Courses
Every student that was cleared for student teaching by Field Services (employed and non-employed) must enroll in the following fieldwork courses:
- EDMS 4180 - Classroom Management (3 Units)
- EDMS 4190 (001) - Student Teaching Practicum I (4 Units)
- EDMS 4191 (001) - Student Teaching Practicum II (5 Units)
Dr. Anne Weisenberg | email@example.com
Dr. Weisenberg's Virtual Office Hours
Tuesdays: 10:30-11:30am | Zoom
Office of Field Services
firstname.lastname@example.org | 209.667.3045