California State University, Stanislaus Student Support Services, Teacher Recruitment & Retention, present the 20th Student to Teacher Conference:
Saturday, November 14, 2015
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Main Dining - Main/check in
Building # 12 - See Map
Deadline: Friday, October 30, 2015
Registration Fee: $40 (Covers continental breakfast, lunch, and all conference materials)
Continuing Education Credit: .5 unit continuing education credit will be available for $20 during the day of the event (only check or credit card will be accepted)
Teacher Conference Release of Liability: Please complete and sign this document, as it will be required at check-in.
Online Registration - Closed
Over the past 20 years the Student to Teacher Conference has contributed to the preparation and professional development of over 3,000 new and prospective teachers.
The purpose of this conference is to invite educational experts from various fields, including Stanislaus State faculty, school district personnel, and support services professionals, to provide relevant information that empower tomorrows teachers.
We will provide you with important and useful information, resources, and professional development with workshops facilitated by education professionals from the Central Valley in a variety of topics designed to support new and future teachers in their education and career goals. Such workshops will include but are not limited to:
- California Child Abuse & Neglect Reporting Laws
- Classroom Management Skills
- Expanding Reading and Writing under the Common Core
- Financing Your Education
- First Year Teaching Experience
- Technology for the Classroom
- Resumes & Cover Letters
- Specially Designed Academic Instruction in English (SDAIE) Strategies in the Diverse Classroom
- Strategies for Working with At-Risk Students
- Substitute Teaching
- Light continental breakfast
- Motivational speakers
- Raffles & giveaways
- Tote with wonderful goodies & conference material
For more information contact the SSS office.