(1) ESTABLISH, ENHANCE, AND SUPPORT A CULTURE OF CONTINUOUS ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE IN A LEARNING-CENTERED UNIVERSITY THROUGH
- Ensuring the primacy of instruction and scholarship through direct support and high quality infrastructure support services.
- Promoting student academic success by continuing to improve key elements such as student advising, career development, course availability with effective scheduling, financial aid and scholarships, and experiences for new students.
- Hiring and retaining high quality, diverse faculty and staff by supporting dedicated recruitment efforts, fostering professional development, offering competitive salaries, and assuring that workloads are appropriate.
- Maintaining a healthy, safe environment conducive to learning.
- Emphasizing academic technology and library in support of effective learning.
(2) BUILD A BROAD, COLLABORATIVE, AND INCLUSIVE LEARNING-CENTERED ORGANIZATION BY
- Incorporating a collaborative problem-solving process.
- Emphasizing the particular strengths that differentiate CSU Stanislaus from other universities.
- Producing and implementing a strategic plan linked to assessment, data, and budget to inform decision-making.
- Implementing academic program and support unit assessment processes.
- Enhancing regular and effective internal and external communication.
- Building and supporting mutually beneficial internal and external partnerships to promote academic excellence.
Revision Approved by USGPC 05/14/04
1.a. Modified with approval of SPSC and USGPC, 6/29/04