SAIL Program Goals and Objectives
Three broad goals have been established for the project.
- To establish a learning community that will provide an academic and social support structure for students.
- To increase student engagement in their academic program.
- To increase student motivation to complete the program and continue in the profession.
- To create a bridge between the academic and professional culture.
- To increase student retention and graduation rates.
- To develop research capacities within graduate students.
- To improve the ability of students to establish research questions.
- To improve the ability of students to gather both qualitative and quantitative data.
- To improve the data analysis skills of students.
- To improve the written communication and formal presentation skills of students.
- To establish a collaborative to study key issues in the education of Hispanic students.
- To develop a mentoring relationship between graduate students, professors, practitioners and educational leaders from the surrounding community.
- To conduct research on dual-language schools in the local area.
- To conduct research on effective dual language instruction.
Develop/brainstorm programs and options based on these goals and objectives