Software & Hardware Recommendations
Keep your computer operating system and applications up to date. Set your computer to check regularly and install all system and software updates. Install and update a virus protection program. Some updates require a restart.
- Use a browser supported by Blackboard, but be ready to use a different one on the list if you encounter issues.
- Even if other browsers can connect to Bb, they may not provide full functionality or have not been tested and are not recommended.
- Note for AOL and other Users of Proprietary Browsers: These browsers are NOT compatible with Blackboard. This is a known issue with the software that affects all users of company-specific browsers. If you use AOL or a similar Internet Service Provider (ISP) that has its own browser, follow these steps. 1. Log in as you normally do. 2. Minimize their browser to remain connected to the Internet. 3. Launch a supported web browser. 4. Log into CSUStan Blackboard.
You may need to return to your AOL/ISP browser occasionally to keep that connection active. Warning: Switching browsers during a test/quiz may lock you out. If necessary, find a different location to log in for tests.
Since differences in browsers, operating systems, system settings, applications, utilities, plug-ins, and personal settings can alter your computer's performance, be prepared to use an alternate computer, ISP, or browser when you encounter issues.
We cannot provide guarantees due to the way applications continue to change and how individual computer set-ups and Internet Service Providers can affect performance.
If you experience technical difficulties, contact the OIT Help Desk first, 667-3687.
Do not take tests using a wireless connection.
Turn off all browser popup blockers or set them to allow csustan.edu before logging into Blackboard, especially for test taking.
If you have turned off or set exclusions for your popup blockers and continue to have problems, contact the OIT Help Desk, L-150, 667-3687.
When you see the window with the Trust, Run, or Accept button, click it. If you see a check box for Always Accept, click it.
Browser Plug-ins and Related Applications
Some courses may require plug-ins for your Web Browser. Basic configurations include the following. Use the automatic update setting for these and other applications. These are free downloads.
Adobe Reader for PDF files - Mac & Windows
Adobe Web Players for Flash, Shockwave, and Authorware Players - Mac & Windows
Flip4Mac(r) WMV Components for Mac QuickTime to view Windows Media files
QuckTime for .mov files - built in to Mac, download for Windows
Java built in to Mac OS X through 10.6, download for all others
Windows Media Player for Windows media files
Other Free Applications that may be useful:
Contact the OIT Help Desk, L-150, 667-3687, for technical assistance.
Applications or Programs
Most courses will require an office suite application such as Microsoft Office(r) or OpenOffice (see Plugins & Readers).
See your course information for any specific requirements for the class.
Some software is freeware or open source; other programs can be purchased as shareware or from commercial vendors.
Please honor the software creator's licensing.
Computer Requirements for Blackboard
In general, keep your operating system and software updated. Install and update a virus protection application. See MySophos. You may encounter slowness or lack of response with software and systems more than 3 year old.
Minimum Hardware Requirements
- 2 GHz CPU or greater
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- 20 GB free disk space
- Network connection - DSL or Broadband Dial-up supported but not recommended WiFi NOT recommended for tests
- External storage drives, speakers, printer - may be needed See individual course requirements
- Windows XP SP 2, Vista, 7, or later
- Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) or later (10.4 Tiger is no longer supported)
- JAVA Runtime Environment (JRE) 7 or later JRE 6 may work for some but not all Bb features
Blackboard 9.1 SP11 Computer and Browser Requirements for Windows and Mac (PDF).
The AOL browser is not compatible with Blackboard. Use your AOL browser to connect to the Internet and use a listed browser to enter Blackboard. * Dial-up modems may be used, but connection speeds will result in slow page loading, choppy audio and video playback, and lengthy uploading and downloading times for files. * Blackboard, Inc., tested JAWS 10 and 11 for Windows to meet accessibility requirements.
Linux: Blackboard does not list Linux requirements. Refer to the Mac OS X requirements