Title IV-E Stipend
The Child Welfare Training Project, as part of the Master of Social Work (MSW) program, provides a graduate education, a competency based curriculum, and financial aid. The Child Welfare Training Project was created to increase the number of practitioners in public child welfare who hold a masters degree in Social Work.
Eligibility for 2 Year Stipend
Students in the 2 year MSW program, who qualify will receive an award of $37,000 spread over two years. Students must be accepted to the California State University, Stanislaus MSW program prior to submitting an application to the Child Welfare Training Project. In addition, students must demonstrate a commitment to a career in public child welfare through a separate application process.
Eligibility for 3 Year Stipend
Students in the 3 year MSW program who qualify are current employees of a county, social services or state human services agency, will receive support in the form of reimbursement for all required educational program costs and qualifying transportation expenses. Students must be accepted to the California State University, Stanislaus MSW program prior to submitting an application to the Child Welfare Training Project.
First Year Students
Child Welfare Competencies & Process Logs
- Foundation Competencies Child Welfare.pdf
- Advanced Competencies Child Welfare.pdf
- 1st Year Praxis Process Log.pdf
- 2nd Year Praxis Process Log.pdf
3-Yr PT Students
- California Social Work Education Center (CalSWEC)
- California State Association Counties (Job Opportunities)
- Child Welfare Information Gateway
- Child Welfare Resource Library
Employment Verification & Search Documents
- Job Search Documentation/Tracking Spreadsheet.xls
- Employment Verification Form (Consent for Release of Employment).pdf
Title IV-E Alumni
Contact the Title IV-E Office
Phone: (209) 667-3859
Paul Sivak, Project Coordinator