The Student Leadership Retreat (SLR) helps prepare Stanislaus State students for leadership roles within the community and beyond. SLR provides a learning experience designed to identify and foster individual leadership potential and civic responsiveness in students. The SLR combines effective leadership training with integrative service skills training to equip students with the essential tools needed to meet the personal and societal challenges of the new millennium.
Stanislaus State's Summer Leadership Retreat offers an opportunity for a select group of students to develop their understanding and appreciation of leadership development and skills. The dates for this year's retreat will be August 2-4, 2017.
During the program students will:
- Gain confidence and experience in leading and interacting with others within diverse group settings
- Explore various leadership theories and styles
- Identify their own leadership style(s) and personality style
- Develop and incorporate team building and critical thinking skills
- Engage in a community service project
- Participate in social activities with other program participants
- Challenge their abilities, thoughts and understanding of self and others
Are you up for a challenge? Want to develop your skills as a leader? The Stanislaus State Summer Leadership Retreat offers a select group of students the opportunity to develop their understanding and appreciation of what it means to be a leader:
- Develop confidence in their ability to interact with others
- Identify their own leadership and personality styles
- Develop critical thinking and team building skills
- Challenge their abilities, and gain an understanding of themselves and others
All currently admitted Stanislaus State students in good academic standing (2.0 minimum GPA) are eligible to apply. Students currently holding or planning to pursue campus leadership positions (Associated Students, Inc., Student Organization Officers, Resident Advisers, etc.) are strongly encouraged to apply. Applications will be available in April 2017.
In order to secure your spot in SLR, you will need to pay a $20 refundable deposit to Student Leadership & Development (University Student Union, Room 103). Once you have submitted your deposit, you are considered registered. Your deposit will be refunded after attendance to the program and will only be kept if you cancel or do not show for SLR. Deposits are cash or check only (made payable to Stanislaus State).