In order to be recognized as a Student Organization on campus, the prospective organization must complete all required trainings and charter through an account on STANSync. It is required that the organization have no less than five student members and obtain the services of at least one faculty member or staff person who will be willing to work with them as an advisor.
Required Officer Trainings
Student Organization Officers and Advisor Training:
All Student Organization Officers and Faculty/Staff Advisors must complete the required trainings on STANSync.
Please contact your SLD Advisor for questions:
Student Club & Organization | Chatering Documents
Student Event Coordinator Training:
All Student Event Coordinators must complete the training in order to utilize the STANSync reservation system. Only the Student Event Coordinator will be able to create events on campus.
All Treasurers must attend a training to discuss policies and procedures related to their Student Organization Trust Account.
Privileges of Chartered Organizations
- Recruit members on campus
- Hold meetings and social functions on campus
- Use University facilities and services
- Post material in appropriate locations around campus
- Receive an organization mailbox, located in the Office of Student Leadership & Development
- Receive on-campus accounting services
- Use certain properties and facilities of the University Student Union
- Reserve equipment from the Warrior Activities Center
- Solicit funds or sell items on campus to raise funds for organizational or charitable purposes
- Consultation services from the Advisors of the Office of Student Leadership and Development: Program planning, publicity, fund raising, leadership training, campus regulations, financial advisement, facility scheduling, and general advisement