Test Anxiety Guidelines
- Attitude: Choice/commitment to take care of self, relax, self trust, positive thinking: "my goals are important but not a matter of life or death."
- Watch "futurizing" and catastrophizing". Focus on today and today's priorities, break tasks into sub-steps, have long-term goals but don't be a slave to them.
- Use thought stopping techniques.
- Use deep breathing.
- Use muscle tensing/relaxing exercises.
- Take "time out" and use deep relaxation.
- Don' t forget to have fun. Schedule fun activities.
- Keep a list of things to do and remember. Use a daily/monthly planner.
- Learn time management and study skills techniques.
- The night before and during tests: relax, thought-stopping, deep breathing, positive thinking, muscle relaxing, put things in perspective.