What to say to your partner when they say:
"It spoils the mood."
- We could always go to a movie.
- It puts me in the moods.
- So does your attitude.
- Not if I help.
"You won't catch anything from me."
- If you love me, respect my health.
- Condoms protect. Love doesn't.
- It's so sexy when a man cares.
- I forgot to take the pill.
"It takes so long."
- You'll be turning me on every second.
- I love it when you take your time.
- What's the rush?
- I'll wait.
"Just this once."
- Only kids make decisions like that.
- I'm suddenly extremely sleepy.
- It only takes once.
- No way.
"It doesn't feel good."
- When I feel safe, I go wild.
- AIDS feels worse.
- I'd feel better.
- Just wait.
California AIDS Clearinghouse
Southern California: 1-800-922-2437
Northern California: 1-800-367-2437