Dear Stan State Lecturers, Department Chairs, and Deans,
Thank you for everything you are doing to support our students during this unprecedented situation. In addition to planning for instructional continuity, administrators, union representatives, and faculty governance leaders have been discussing ways to address lecturer faculty evaluation processes.
Normally, department chairs and peer review committees would visit the Faculty Affairs office in order to review lecturer personnel files, before writing their evaluations. Under the present circumstances, this is not possible. We have reached agreement that Stanislaus State will waive lecturer evaluations that would normally be conducted during Spring 2020.
For lecturers employed during the current academic year, reappointment for 2020-21 will follow these procedures:
1-Semester, 1-Year, and 2-year Appointees
- Evaluations for temporary faculty with 1-semester, 1-year, and 2-year appointments are waived for Spring 2020.
- Reappointment in AY 2020-21 will be based on the availability of work for which the faculty member is qualified and the order of assignment in Article 12.29 of the Unit 3 Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Careful consideration will be based on the faculty member’s most recent formal, signed recommendation for appointment or reappointment available to the relevant department chair.
Eligible for New or Renewal 3-Year Appointment
- Evaluations for temporary faculty eligible for new or renewal 3-year appointments are waived for Spring 2020.
- Temporary faculty eligible for new 3-year appointments will be so appointed based on the availability of work for which they are qualified and following the order of assignment in Article 12.29 of the Unit 3 Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Temporary faculty currently in the third year of a 3-year appointment will be reappointed to successor 3-year appointments based on the availability of work for which they are qualified and following the order of assignment in Article 12.29 of the Unit 3 Collective Bargaining Agreement.
We appreciate your dedicated work, your flexibility, and your resilience as we continue to support our students and our university community.
Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
Speaker of the Faculty
California Faculty Association Chapter President