The Multiple Subject (MSCP) and Single Subject (SSCP) Preliminary Credential: Bilingual Authorization, is available in Spanish, Portuguese, Hmong, Khmer, Arabic, Vietnamese, and Punjabi. Candidates for the Bilingual credential must be able to speak, read, and write in the target language to be recommended for the Preliminary Credential with the Bilingual Authorization.
(MSCP) Multiple Subject Credential Program with Bilingual Authorization
Dr. Anne Weisenberg, Program Coordinator
Multiple Subjects Credential Program
DBH 331 / (209) 667-3474
The MSCP Bilingual Authorization prepares beginning teachers for self-contained classrooms, usually at the elementary level, where more than one subject is taught to the same group of students. Credential holders are prepared to teach English learners. They also have the knowledge, skills and abilities to teach in the target language in a bilingual or dual language classroom. The growing diversity of our service area and the growing number of dual language programs present opportunities for students with proficiency in the identified target language to help immigrant children succeed academically, and assist English speaking children to acquire native-like proficiency in a valued language.
Credential students wishing to be recommended for the MSCP bilingual credential take the following courses:
- EDMS 4111 - Primary Reading/Language Arts Methods: Spanish Bilingual Only
- EDMS 4112 - Primary Reading/Language Arts Methods: Primary Language Support (for languages other than Spanish)
- EDUC 4400 - Introduction and Foundations of Multilingual Education (in lieu of EDMS 4150, Methods of Multilingual Education)
- Students also take the EDMS credential methods and student teaching courses.
(SSCP) Single Subject Credential Program with Bilingual Authorization
Dr. Donna Andrews, Program Coordinator
Single Subjects Credential Program
DBH 328D / (209) 667-3217
The SSCP Bilingual Authorization prepares you to teach in grades 6-12 classrooms in your appropriate subject matter area. It also prepares you to provide primary language instruction and specially designed academic instruction in English (SDAIE) in a bilingual instructional program.
Credential students wishing to be recommended for the SSCP bilingual credential take the following courses:
- EDSS 4215, Reading and Writing in the content Area: Bilingual (in lieu of EDSS 4115, Reading and Writing in the Content Area)
- EDUC 4400, Introduction and Foundations of Multilingual Education, (in lieu of EDSC 4110, Multilingual Education in Secondary Education)
- Students will also take the EDSS credential methods and student teaching courses.
For additional information you can also contact:
Dr. Juan Flores, firstname.lastname@example.org 
DBH322, (209) 667-3292
EDUC 4460 - Cultural Views on Bilingualism, fulfills language assessment and target culture requirements for Spanish bilingual credential candidates in both MSCP and SSCP or students can take CSET LOTE on Lanugage of Emphasis Subtest III).
California Department of Education Two-Way Immersion Program
Directory of Two-Way Bilingual Immersion Programs in the U.S.
Central Valley Dual Language Consortium
CVDLC Web-Site 
Master of Arts Degree Curriculum & Instruction:
Multilingual Education Concentration
MA Catalog Page 
Dr. Susan Neufeld
Advanced Studies Dept.
Dept Office: DBH348