RN, MN, Professor, Tenured, Appointed: September 1993
- Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH; DNP/August 2013; Practice and Education Tracks
- Joanna Briggs Institute (JBI) Comprehensive Systematic Review Training Program. 2011; 2012
- University of California, Los Angeles, CA; MN/December 1985; Family Nurse Practitioner Specialization
- Walla Walla University, College Place, WA; BSN/June 1981
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Community Health
- N2800 Introduction to Nursing Practice
- N3000 Health Assessment
- N3040 Women’s Health
- N3100 Professional Nursing
- N3700 Nursing Research
- N4400 Community Health Nursing
- N4410 Community Health Nursing Practicum
- N4240 ADN-BSN Seminar
- N4210 ADN-BSN Clinical Practicum
- N4510 Communication in Nursing
- N4830 Pre-licensure Clinical Practicum
- Evidence-based practice and the translation of evidence to nursing practice
- Systematic reviews
- Implementation process
- Program evaluation
- 2000 - Katsma, D. & Souza, C. (2000). Elderly pain assessment and pain management knowledge of long-term-care nurses. Pain Management Journal, 1(3), 88-95. Refereed.
- 2000 - Katsma, D. & Katsma R. (2000). The myth of the ninety-degree-angle Intramuscular injection. Nurse Educator, 25(1), 34-37. Refereed.
- 1997 - Katsma, D. L. & Smith, G. A. (1997). Analysis of needle path during intramuscular injection. Nursing Research, 46(5), 288-292. Refereed.
- 1994 - Katsma, D. L. & Foreman, P. (1994). Activities for the geriatric resident in adult foster/family homes. Adult Care Providers Magazine, March/April, 14-16. Non-refereed.
Linking Practice to the Classroom: Bringing EBP to Life. Refereed poster presentation for the Western Institute of Nursing Research Conference in Portland, OR.
Field Trips: Experiential Learning to Understand Core Functions of Public Health. Refereed poster presentation for the Western Institute of Nursing Research Conference in Las Vegas, NV.
Meeting the Practicum Requirement in a DNP Program: Evaluating a Course Translating Evidence Into Practice. Refereed poster presentation for the AACN Doctoral Education Conference in San Diego, CA.
Action Research as a Framework for Teaching a Professional Nursing Course. Refereed poster presentation for the Western Institute of Nursing Research Conference in Phoenix, AZ.
Invited presentation to HONS 4200 Seminar at Stanislaus State of Nursing Errors Poster
Nursing Errors: A Concept Analysis, poster session for the California State University, Stanislaus Research, Scholarly and Creative Activities (RSCA) Week; Turlock, California
Co-presented, Nursing Errors: A Concept Analysis, in a refereed poster session for the Western Institute of Nursing Research conference in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Invited presentation, Pain Assessment and Management in Long-Term Care, for Mariner Health Care in Cincinnati, Ohio. (co-presented)
Presented Pain Assessment in the Elderly in non-refereed presentations for six long-term-care facilities in the Stanislaus State service area.
Co-presented Pain Management Issues in the Elderly in a non-refereed presentation for the Stanislaus State Nursing Honor Society scholarly meeting in Modesto, CA.
Presented Three-Dimensional Analysis of Needle Path During Intramuscular Injection in a refereed podium presentation at the 12th Annual Sigma Theta Tau International (Mu Nu chapter) Research Conference entitled: Using Nursing Research to Improve Nursing Practice in Fresno, CA.
Presented poster of Analysis of Needle Path During Intramuscular Injection. Informal presentation to interested nurses at Emanual Medical Center, Turlock, CA.
Presented Analysis of Needle Path During Intramuscular Injection in a refereed poster session at a nursing research conference entitled Nursing Research: Guiding Practice into the Next Millennium in Honolulu, Hawaii.
Presented Analysis of Needle Path During Intramuscular Injection in a refereed poster session at a research conference entitled: Nursing Research--Modern Problems, Nursing Solutions in Napa, CA.
Presented Analysis of Needle Path During Intramuscular Injection (research in progress) in a refereed poster session at the Ninth Annual Research Symposium at California State University, Fresno.
Source URL: https://www.csustan.edu/nursing/katsma