Miller Analogies Test (MAT)
MAT Registration Form .pdf
What is MAT?
The Miller Analogies Test is a 60-minute, 120-analogy, multiple-choice test. Harcourt Assessment mails the results within three to four weeks of the exam. You must indicate the institutions you want to be informed of your scores on your answer sheet on the day of the test. Please bring the complete mailing address of those institutions (institution name, department name, street address, city, state, and zip) to the test.
All tests are on Saturdays. Registration Deadline is "postmark" date. Forms may NOT be delivered to the campus.
How do I Register for the MAT?
- Complete the registration form, and return it with your non-refundable fee to the Testing Office so that it is postmarked by the deadline indicated on the form. You may not hand-deliver your registration form to the campus.
- If you are re-testing, be sure to include your re-test admission ticket with your registration form. You may take the MAT at this center no more than two times in any twelve-month period.
- We will send you test reporting information and a Candidate Information Booklet upon receipt of your payment.
- Test fees are not refundable. You may change your test date one time by calling the Testing Office prior to the regular registration deadline of your originally scheduled test date. (Refer to registration form for more information.)
- Please be sure to bring to the test current government-issued photo identification (your driver's license, DMV ID card, passport, or military I.D. card) bearing the name in which you registered for this test and a photo that looks like you do now. Please also bring at least two sharpened # 2 pencils (no mechanical) and a watch (to time yourself - calculators and cell phones are not permitted). You may want to bring a sweater or light jacket in case the testing room is cool.
- Also bring the complete mailing address (institution name, individual/department name, street address, city, state, zip) of your score recipient if you want your scores mailed to a campus other than Stanislaus. Refer to the section in your Candidate Information Booklet regarding scores.
- No parking permit is required on Saturdays. However, regulations for spaces marked "Disabled" are enforced 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Please be prompt. If you are late for the test, you will not be admitted and your fees will not be refunded or transferred.
- Allow approximately two hours for check-in, completion of the answer sheet, and the test. The test itself is 60 minutes (one hour) long. You may not leave before time is called.
- No study guides will be allowed in the testing room; we will provide you with scratch paper.
- The testing company (Pearson) will mail scores within approximately three to four weeks of the test date.
- If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at 667-3157, Monday through Friday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm or 8:00 am - 3:30 pm in the summer.
Request Special Testing Arrangements
MAT Accomodations Request Form .pdf
Any individual who has a physical or mental impairment or limitation described as a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) may request special testing arrangements.
Other Test Centers in the Area
If the Stanislaus test dates are not convenient for you, you may contact other test centers in our area for their testing schedules and registration procedures. For more information, contact:
City Campus Phone Website
Fresno CSU, Fresno (559) 278-2457 website 
Fresno Fresno Pacific College (559) 453-2213 website 
Hayward CSU East Bay (510) 885-2177 website