Discover what you can learn & where an operations management major can take you.
Operations Management is concerned with managing operations in manufacturing and service organizations. It involves the management of manpower, materials, facilities, technology and equipment for the efficient conversion of resources into quality products and services, as well as their distribution.
- Turning something raw into something finished
- Solving problems
- Working with people
- Materials and inventory management
- Quality management
- Supply chain management and logistics
- Businesses are increasingly placing a stronger emphasis on lean manufacturing, supply chain management and quality management resulting in an increased demand for operations management graduates.
- Del Monte Foods
- E. & J. Gallo Winery
- Foster Farms
- Bronco Wine Company
- Dole Packed Foods
- Bank of the West
- The Wine Group
- Hilmar Cheese Company, Inc
Degrees and Programs
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with concentrations available in:
- Computer Information Systems
- General Business
• Human Resources Track
• International Business Track
• Strategy/Entrepreneurship Track
- Operations Management
- Minor in Business Administration
"I like the operations management concentration because operations are the core process of a business."
Organizational Management Student