August 23, 2020
Dear Campus Community,
As we prepare for the start of instruction on Monday, the health and safety of all faculty, staff and students continues to be our top priority.
The University’s fall 2020 plan allows students to be enrolled in 55 on-campus course sections for in-person instruction. As per Gov. Newsom’s guidance, the campus is open for essential business only. Therefore, we ask that only those who are fulfilling essential duties or instructing/attending approved academic activities enter the campus property.
If you must travel to campus for classes or official University business, please follow these safety precautions:
- It is required, when feasible, that individuals wear a face covering in all University buildings. Wear a face covering outdoors if social distancing is not possible.
- Faculty and staff may obtain face coverings through the Campus COVID Supply Store.
- Wash your hands and avoid touching your face.
- Clean common office surfaces before and after use.
- Stay home if you feel ill.
- Faculty, staff and students are encouraged to get a flu vaccination by Nov. 1.
What to expect when on campus:
- No physical events.
- Campus meals are “grab and go.”
- Drinking fountains will only have water bottle fill stations.
- Sneeze guards and barriers have been installed in various locations.
- Social distancing floor signs are in place.
- Some bathroom sinks and urinals are out of service to meet social distancing protocols, and bathroom air hand dryers are disabled.
- Signage has been installed on elevators and at building entrances to encourage social distancing and face covering requirements.
- Increased hand sanitizer stations are available across campus.
- Increased and intensified cleaning is taking place across campus.
The University has launched a COVID-19 dashboard, which will soon be available on the website. Members of the campus community can report to the University if they have or may have been exposed or tested positive for COVID-19.
Please be sure to complete the Returning to Work During COVID-19 training assigned to all faculty, staff and student employees. Notifications were sent by email on Aug. 19 from firstname.lastname@example.org and training must be completed within 30 days. You can access the training through your CSU Learn dashboard, or by clicking the link in the email notification.
I urge each of us to take personal responsibility in taking precautionary measures to protect the health and safety of ourselves and each other.
Ellen Junn, Ph.D.