Fall 2020: Writing and Reading Marathon
There’s still time to sign up! ($7 late entry fee Oct 26-31st)
Penumbraonline.org is hosting its first annual charity project to support our campus community. This year we will be hosting a Writing and Reading Marathon for the entire month of November! All fees collected from the marathon go directly to CSU Stan’s Warrior Food Pantry, which supports students who struggle with food insecurity.
- Sign up using this Google form: Writing/Reading Marathon Registration (this form can also be found on www.csustan.edu/Penumbra)
- Marathon participants will choose one of three tiers (does not change cost of entry):
- Tier 1 Goal: writing/reading for 30 min. each day
- Tier 2 Goal: writing/reading for 45 min. each day
- Tier 3 Goal: writing/reading for 60 min. each day
- After signing up using the Google form, make a donation (the entry fee) of at least $5 or more directly to the Warrior Food Pantry at: https://www.csustan.edu/warrior-food-pantry
- After submitting your donation, please send a receipt or screenshot of the confirmation page to email@example.com to receive materials and further details.
- Collect sponsors from October 25th to October 31st who will pledge to donate an amount for each day that the participant reaches their reading or writing goal.
- Happy reading and writing! Participants are encouraged to attend our Writing/Reading Marathon Celebration on December 11th, 2020 @ 4:00pm (PST).
Can’t participate, but want to help out? You can sign up to sponsor our participants.
Virtual Writing Cafe
Date & Time: Nov 6, 2020 at 1:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Meeting URL: https://csustan.zoom.us/j/87041086935
Meeting ID: 870 4108 6935
When does the marathon start?
The Writing/Reading Marathon starts Sunday, November 1st and ends November 30th. All proceeds will go to Stanislaus State Warrior Food Pantry.
How do we sign up for the Writing/Reading Marathon?
Is there a fee to enter?
A $5 dollar entrance fee to participate or $15 for a family of 3 or more. Payments should be made directly to the Warrior Food Pantry by October 25th.
What happens if I sign up after October 25th?
Late entry fees, after October 25th, will result in $7 per person and $20 per family of 3 or more.
How will Penumbraonline.org know if I paid my fee?
Please forward confirmation of payment to Penumbra@csustan.edu.
What happens after I submit my confirmation of payment?
After confirmation is processed, participants will receive their writing/reading logs, writing/reading prompts, and sponsor logs to track their progress.
What if I want to write with someone?
We will host Virtual Writing Cafés on November 6th and November 20th from 1-2 p.m. (PST) via zoom. This event allows space for writers to enjoy the company of other writers with a Penumbraonline.org staff member. Zoom link will be posted closer to the date of the event.
Charity event? Where?
Participants are encouraged to attend the Writing/Reading Marathon Celebration Penumbraonline.org will hold on December 11, 2020 from 4-5 p.m. (PST) via zoom. Participants are encouraged to share the work they created during the marathon!