Penumbraonline.org is hosting its first annual charity project to support our campus community. This year we will be hosting a Writing and Reading Marathon for the entire month of November! The entry fees and sponsor fees collected from the marathon go directly to Stan State’s Warrior Food Pantry, a program that supports students who struggle with food insecurity.
- This is a Writing/Reading Marathon running from Sunday, November 1st to Monday, November 30th. All proceeds will be going to Stanislaus State Warrior Food Pantry.
- Interested participants will sign up using the Google Form found here: Writing/Reading Marathon Registration (This form can also be found on www.penumbraonline.org)
- To enter, participants make a donation of at least $5 per participant or $15 for a family of three or more directly to the Warrior Food Pantry.
- After submitting your donation, please send that confirmation (a receipt or screenshot of the confirmation page) to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive materials and further details.
- Participants of the marathon will choose one of three tiers:
- Tier 1: writing/reading for 30 min. each day
- Tier 2: writing/reading for 45 min. each day
- Tier 3: writing/reading for 60 min. each day
- Participants are encouraged to collect sponsors from October 25th to October 31st
- Participants can attend the “Virtual Writing Cafes” we will be hosting on these dates:
- November 6th from 1-2 p.m. (PST)
- November 20th from 1-2 p.m. (PST)
Don’t write alone! The Virtual Writing Cafes provide a space for writers to spend time with other participants. These events are hosted by a Penumbraonline.org staff member. Zoom links will be posted closer to the event dates.
- Participants are encouraged to attend our Writing/Reading Marathon Celebration on December 11th, 2020 @ 4:00 p.m. (PST).
- For updates on the marathon and celebration, follow our social media accounts!
- No time to participate? No problem! Fill out this form to SPONSOR our participants and support the Warrior Food Pantry: Charity Sponsor Form
When does the marathon start?
The Writing/Reading Marathon starts Sunday, November 1st and ends November 30th. All proceeds will go to Stanislaus State Warrior Food Pantry.
How do we sign up for the Writing/Reading Marathon?
Is there a fee to enter?
A $5 dollar entrance fee to participate or $15 for a family of 3 or more. Payments should be made directly to the Warrior Food Pantry by October 25th.
What happens if I sign up after October 25th?
Late entry fees, after October 25th, will result in $7 per person and $20 per family of 3 or more.
How will Penumbraonline.org know if I paid my fee?
Please forward confirmation of payment to Penumbra@csustan.edu.
What happens after I submit my confirmation of payment?
After confirmation is processed, participants will receive their writing/reading logs, writing/reading prompts, and sponsor logs to track their progress.
What if I want to write with someone?
We will host Virtual Writing Cafés on November 6th and November 20th from 1-2 p.m. (PST) via zoom. This event allows space for writers to enjoy the company of other writers with a Penumbraonline.org staff member. Zoom link will be posted closer to the date of the event.
Charity event? Where?
Participants are encouraged to attend the Writing/Reading Marathon Celebration Penumbraonline.org will hold on December 11, 2020 from 4-5 p.m. (PST) via zoom. Participants are encouraged to share the work they created during the marathon!