If you believe you're missing an email, please check BOTH buttons below to see if the email went to either inbox. OIT has been receiving reports that some emails that can't be seen in Outlook, but can in Gmail. We apologize for the confusion and trouble this is causing. OIT is working as fast as they can to resolve this issue.
Also see: Student Email Troubleshooting & FAQs
Student Email Migration from Gmail to Outlook
The student email migration to O365 will begin Friday, June 26. This migration will automatically move all email messages and attachments from Gmail to Outlook.
Note: Summer 2020 Session students will be migrated following the summer session.
What you need to know
- Google Suite tools will remain available to the campus community.
- This migration does not involve moving calendars, contacts, or Google docs.
- Email addresses (e.g., student_name @csustan.edu) will remain the same.
- Resend sensitive/critical messages to students following the migration.
- If students ask about missing messages or attachments, let them know the migration is still in progress.
- Forwarding functions setup in Gmail will need to be set up again in Outlook.
- If you have inquires, please contact the Technology Support Desk at (209) 667-3687.
Benefits of the Migration to Outlook
- Students, faculty, and staff will be on one unified email and calendar platform to streamline communications and collaboration.
- Students will have access to a Stanislaus State address book.
- Additional file sharing and real-time collaboration among faculty, advisors, and supervisors for student employees on campus.
- Greater integration with Microsoft Office 365, available for free to students to install on up to five devices including iOS and Android.
- Increased inbox size: students using Outlook (powered by O365) have a 100 GB inbox size compared to Gmail's default inbox.
Please contact the Technology Support Desk at (209) 667-3687 with any questions or concerns.