Registering with U.S. Department of State

Stanislaus State recommends highly that students register with the U.S. Department of State before going abroad. Registration at the U.S. embassy or consulate (in the country you are visiting) makes your presence and whereabouts known, in case it is necessary for a consular officer to contact you in an emergency. During a disaster overseas, American consular officers can assist in evacuation should that become necessary. But they cannot assist you if they do not know where you are. The process is a simple one and can be completed on their website.

International Student Identity Card

The International Student Identity Card can be purchased through ISIC. The card is currently $25.

Helpful Websites

Fulbright U.S. Student Program
The Safety Abroad Handbook

Passport Services - Find out how and where to apply for a passport.

U.S. Center for Disease Control Travelers' Health - What to know before you go. Find health information for specific destinations.

Currency Converter - Calculate and compare currencies.

Lonely Planet