Congratulations on your interest in Study Abroad! To move toward your goal, take the following steps:
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Why are you interested in study abroad?
- Where do you want to study?
- How long do you want to study abroad academic year, semester, summer?
- Do you want to study a particular subject while abroad?
- Do you want to fulfill requirements for your major or minor?
- Do you know any languages other than English, or are you interested in learning another language while abroad?
- Is cost a significant factor in your program selection?
Research the Programs section of this website to familiarize yourself with the available opportunities.
Attend a Study Abroad Information Session. Information sessions provide an introduction to study abroad and an overview of options for CSU Stanislaus students.
Complete the Programs and Goals Worksheet and bring it with you to your appointment with the education abroad coordinator. No study abroad applications will be approved if students do not complete this worksheet.
Make an appointment to talk to the Education Abroad Coordinator. You will work together to define and clarify your goals and program needs, and to select a program on the basis of your qualifications and interests. Once you have selected the appropriate program, you can begin the application process.