Student who have completed an undergraduate degree, can take their educational goals to the next level by applying for one of our Master’s or our Doctoral program. Stanislaus State presently does not conditionally admit applicants to graduate programs (Masters or Ph.D.) who have not provided a TOEFL, IELTS or ELS Language Center Score with their application.
How to Apply
To apply for admission in graduate studies, please follow the instructions below:
- Apply online at Cal State Apply.
Please also visit the Graduate School's website for submitting additional required documents. Some specialized graduate programs have program specific application requirements. Be sure that you have reviewed your desired program’s webpage and are fully aware of their application requirements.
- Submit Non-refundable Application Fee of $55 USD
The $55 USD nonrefundable application fee can be paid by credit card during online application OR mailed in the form of check, money order or wire transfer payable to The California State University, Stanislaus.
- Write an autobiographical essay about yourself, your interests, and future plans on a separate sheet of paper. Approximately 500 to 750 words.
- Original or certified copies of Academic Credentials with literal English translation. All academic work must be included.
Transcripts, certificates, diplomas, mark sheets, and test scores must be sent directly from the issuing institution or in a sealed envelope to the Office of International Education to be considered official. All records submitted become the property of the University.
Records submitted by students who do not enroll are retained for only one year. The University reserves the right to determine what constitutes an official document. Certified English translations must accompany all non-English original documents.
Official English Proficiency Score Report minimum requirements (Institution Code: 4713)
Graduate minimum requirements:
TOEFL iBT - 80 with part scores of 20 Reading, 19 Listening, 16 Writing
TOEFL PBT – 550 with part scores of 54
TOEFL CBT - 213 with part scores of 21
IELTS - 6.5 Band with part scores of 6.0
- Submit a Certification of Finance Form
- Submit an original or certified copy of a financial statement (no older than six months)
- A copy of the biographic information/photo page in your passport.
- Three Letters of Recommendation (if applicable).
- Official admission test score report (GRE* or GMAT*)- if applicable
*Required by certain graduate programs.
- Evaluation of Academic Credentials (Credential Evaluation)
All students with coursework from countries other than the United States need to provide a report of course work and degree equivalency to U.S. standards – through a credential evaluation. Foreign transcripts must be evaluated by one of the approved organizations listed here (PDF). These organizations are private enterprises that have been approved by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing and they charge a fee for their services. In all instances, original, official documentation will be required when requesting an evaluation. When seeking the evaluation be sure to request a Comprehensive/Detailed Report, which must include the following:
- Identification of institution(s) attended, dates of attendance, credential(s) earned, and the United States educational equivalent
- Individual courses taken with semester units
- Individual course grade equivalents
- Course levels in terms of lower and upper division, graduate and professional level for each post-secondary course evaluated
- Overall grade point average (GPA)
In addition to Graduate admission, program admission is required to pursue a graduate degree or post baccalaureate credential. Students should apply at the same time to the Program and the Graduate School. Program admissions are competitive and many have specific application deadlines. Some programs have one admission date per year. For these reasons and to ensure full consideration, students are encouraged to apply to the program as early as possible. Master’s degree and credential program applicants may also be required to provide additional transcripts and test scores to their graduate program department or the Credentials Office. To determine your specific program’s requirements go to the Graduate School's website and select your program. If you have any further questions or concerns regarding the items you need to submit to your program, please contact Program Coordinators.
Await Confirmation of Application
- If you apply online, you will receive an automatic email response confirming our receipt of your application.
- If you submit a paper application by mail, we will email you to confirm receipt of your application.
Your application cannot be processed until all required materials are received.
Express mail your completed application to:
ATTN: Office of International Education
California State University, Stanislaus
One University Circle, SSB 145
Turlock, California 95382 USA