Students who wish to be admitted to an undergraduate program, but are not yet proficient in English, may enroll in Intensive English first in order to improve their English skills with the goal to gain full admission into the university at a later date.
How to Apply
To apply for conditional admission, please follow the instructions below:
- Complete an American Language and Culture Application (ALCP) and choose “Conditional Admission”
- Submit a non-refundable ALCP Application Fee of $150 USD. Pay by credit card, send a wire transfer, check or money order payable to "The California State University, Stanislaus." If you plan to pay through wire transfer, please be sure to contact our office so that we can monitor the payment.
- Academic Credentials with literal English translation. All academic work must be included.
You may submit copies for an admission decision.
In order to receive your I-20/DS-2019 and/or acceptance letter, you MUST submit original or certified copies of your academic credentials to the ALCP office.
Transcripts, certificates, diplomas, mark sheets, and test scores must be sent directly from the issuing institution or in a sealed envelope to the Office of International Education to be considered official. All records submitted become the property of the University.
Records submitted by students who do not enroll are retained for only one year. The University reserves the right to determine what constitutes an official document. Certified English translations must accompany all non-English original documents.
- Submit a Certification of Finance Form
- Submit an original or certified copy of a financial statement (no older than six months)
- A copy of the biographic information/photo page in your passport
Full Admission into the Undergraduate Program
In order to be fully admitted into the undergraduate program, conditionally admitted Intensive English students need to submit the following during the last semester of their Intensive English program in order to be fully admitted as an undergraduate student.
- Proof of English proficiency:
Successfully complete the Intensive English program with grades of C or better in every course and achieve a TOEFL PBT of 500 with part scores of 50
OR Submit one of the following:
TOEFL iBT: 61 with part scores of 15
IELTS: 6.0 with part scores of 6.0
- Cal State Apply application.
- Submit $55 application fee.
- Updated financial support information.
Stanislaus State presently does not conditionally admit applicants to graduate programs (Masters or Doctoral) who have not provided an acceptable TOEFL or IELTS score with their application.