Degrees and Majors
The Princeton Review rates CSU Stanislaus among the Best 368 Colleges in the Nation. While we’ve grown from a class of 800 in 1960, our founding year, to over 8,800 in 2007, you will find a friendly and welcoming campus. Most classes have fewer than 18 students - more chances for one-on-one with your professors.
See all undergraduate majors, minors, and programs offered.
How to Apply
To apply for regular undergraduate admission, please follow the instructions below:
- Apply online at CSU Mentor.
- Submit Non-refundable Application Fee of $55 USD
The $55 USD nonrefundable application fee can be paid by credit card during online application OR mailed in the form of check, money order or wire transfer payable to The California State University, Stanislaus.
- Write an autobiographical essay about yourself, your interests, and future plans on a separate sheet of paper.
- Original or certified copies of Academic Credentials with literal English translation. All academic work must be included.
For detailed information, please refer to item #4 on the Application Check List at Instructions for International Admission (PDF).
Transcripts, certificates, diplomas, mark sheets, and test scores must be sent directly from the issuing institution or in a sealed envelope to the Office of International Education to be considered official. All records submitted become the property of the University.
Records submitted by students who do not enroll are retained for only one year. The University reserves the right to determine what constitutes an official document. Certified English translations must accompany all non-English original documents.
- Official English Proficiency Score Report (Institution Code: 4713)
Undergraduate: TOEFL - Minimum of 61 iBT or 500 PBT or 173 CBT, or
IELTS - Minimum of 6.0 Band Score, or
ELS Language Centers - Level 112
- Submit a Certification of Finance Form
- Submit an original or certified copy of a financial statement (no older than six months)
- A copy of the biographic information/photo page in your passport
- Three Letters of Recommendation (if applicable)
- Official admission test score report (ACT or SAT I) - if applicable
For applicants who are currently studying in the US high schools without taking TOEFL or IELTS.
For transfer students, a grade of C or better in the CSU General Education-Breadth or Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum written communication requirement is satisfactory.
Transfer from a U.S. college with 60 or more semester units with a minimum grade point average of 2.4 and completion of one transfer course in each of the following general education areas with a grade of 2.0 or better: English Composition, Speech, Critical Thinking, and Mathematics.
Await Confirmation of Application
- If you apply online, you will receive an automatic email response confirming our receipt of your application.
- If you submit a paper application by mail, we will email you to confirm receipt of your application.
Please review the Instructions for International Admission (PDF) to ensure that you submit all required documents.
Your application cannot be processed until all required materials are received.
Express mail your completed application to:
Office of International Education
California State University, Stanislaus
One University Circle, SSB 145
Turlock, California 95382 USA