This page presents information for instructors regarding maintaining instructional continuity of classes in case of a physical campus closure or individual quarantine related to the spread of COVID-19 (a.k.a. Coronavirus).
Where Can I Get Technical Support?
- firstname.lastname@example.org or 209-667-3687
Where Can I Get Instructional Support?
Or, email Academic Technology staff directly:
What Tool Can I Use For Live Courses, Office Hours, & Advising?
Zoom will handle live web conferencing of courses.
- Download Zoom and install on your computer
- Zoom FAQ (scheduling meetings, etc.)
- OIT's Zoom information page
- Tips & Tricks: Educating on Zoom (PDF)
- Comprehensive Guide To Educating Through Zoom (PDF)
- Use Zoom for Office Hours & Advising (with "waiting room")
- Zoom for Office Hours
- How to Keep Uninvited Guests Out Of Your Zoom Event
- Securing Zoom Meetings
What About Tools For Asynchronous Instruction?
- Overview (OIT information page)
- How to create a new VoiceThread
- How to share VoiceThread in a Blackboard course (incl. grading)
- How to share VoiceThread in a Moodle course (incl. grading)
- Captioning a VoiceThread for accessibility (see esp. "Third-party captions")
- Camtasia (create a screen-capture video of lecture presentations)
- Zoom (using the cloud-recording feature)
- Blackboard Discussion Forum
What Workshops & Webinars Are Available?
Note: all workshops will take place online, remotely, via Zoom.
We will be hosting Instructional Continuity Workshops for Blackboard, Zoom and other topics Online through Zoom Web Conferencing.
Please view the Faculty Resources page for more information.
Also, see Continuity of Instruction FAQs