Blackboard Conversion to Canvas
Important Information Regarding the Upcoming Conversion
The Spring semester is fast approaching, and as you are aware, it will be the last term that the Blackboard LMS will be available.
The Office of Academic Technology (OAT) is proactively working to assist your transition from Blackboard to Canvas. It will be important not to wait until the last minute to migrate your course materials to Canvas. Blackboard and Canvas have very different interfaces and you might require a bit of time to adjust and organize your content.
Please reach out to email@example.com if you need any assistance along the way.
- Will I still have access to my Blackboard Courses after Spring 2021?
- After May 31, 2021 Blackboard will be removed from the Stan State Portal. Only OAT staff will be able to access Blackboard (archived files) till June 2022. Therefore, it is important that you make plans to migrate your content to Canvas or to download your Blackboard content prior to the end of Spring 2021.
- If I need access to my “old” courses in Blackboard after the transition, what should I do?
NEW! Canvas Concierge Service
Each instructor can request up to four (4) Blackboard courses that OAT will copy into a generic Canvas shell. Please fill out the Blackboard Course Migration Request form if you have Blackboard content that you would like OAT staff to migrate to Canvas for you.
Please note: course content that is not copied to Canvas will become inaccessible once the Blackboard contract ends.
Each college will be supported by a dedicated OAT staff member and several Faculty Ambassadors for Canvas (FACs). In the days and weeks to come, OAT staff will follow-up with each department to ensure that we have heard from all faculty who need assistance with course migration from Blackboard to Canvas.
College of the Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences:
- Sriram Chintakrindi, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carin Heidelbach, email@example.com
- Erin Hughes, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Susan Kerr, email@example.com
- Paul Morgan, firstname.lastname@example.org
College of Business Administration:
- Glenn Pillsbury, email@example.com
- Allison Arroyo, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Linda Dunn-Jensen, email@example.com
- Aaron Lanser, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kurt Sandberg, email@example.com
- David Zhu, firstname.lastname@example.org
College of Education, Kinesiology, and Social Work:
- Cassandra Drake, email@example.com
- Jon McFarland, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dianne Vargas, email@example.com
College of Science:
- Tom Siechert, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Veronica Dawson, email@example.com
- Kanwaljit Dulai, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jennifer Peltier, email@example.com
- Sandra Lehmann Vierra, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Karen Zandarski, email@example.com