Heavy smog days, sick days, power outages, viruses, etc... You can continue with the class even if you cannot physically meet with your students. Start preparing for possible events by ticking the items off this checklist:
Please note: All links will open in a new browser tab.
Tech Checkout - For faculty and students that need WiFi access or other hardware to work remotely.
I know how and where to receive general I.T. and Academic Technology support.
- Email the Office of Academic Technology at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Book a one-on-one consultation with an OAT Team Member.
- Email Technology Support
- Visit the Faculty Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning for additional resources
- Become familiar with the Technology Services Available from Off-Campus
I am able to contact my students via email and/or text messages.
- Use Canvas Announcements to announce important reminders or messages that will also be emailed to the entire class.
- Use Canvas Inbox to send email to individual students, student groups, or the entire class
My syllabus states the technical requirements students need to connect online successfully.
- A good Internet connection
- A laptop (less than 5 years old) or smartphone with webcam and microphone
- Chrome browser
My Canvas course site is set-up, up to date and contains all course resources and activities.
- How do I view all my courses on Canvas
- Add content and resources, such as the Syllabus and other course readings
- Add Canvas Assignments or TurnItIn Assignments for students to submit their completed "papers"
- Setup Canvas discussions for asynchronous online class discussions
- Setup Quizzes to assess student learning
- Setup the GradeBook to maintain student grades
I have added a Zoom video conference link in my Canvas course site.
- Download & Configure Zoom
- How do I use Zoom in Canvas
- Zoom FAQ's
- How to add closed captioning to your Zoom Meeting